Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotrel-dubousset 18 yrs ago - now shoulder pain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotrel-dubousset 18 yrs ago - now shoulder pain?

Anyone have cotrel rods with similiar pain issues? Since April I've had pain basically off the top of the rod through entire shoulder cuff. I've seen physiatrist, chiro, gp, pt and next week a spine surgeon. Phys. thinks its maybe soft tissue damage from the rods.

Hi Flipsie, I had the CD rod surgery in 1987. My cervical spine is a mess and the pain radiates through the shoulders and upper arm (hurts to lift my arm). My mri shows the cervical disks are ruptured and spinal stenosis in the cervical spine. I have gone a year through PT and am now scheduled for an epidural nerve block. I also have a portable tens unit that I wear during the day at work. From my emails on this forum, apparently the problems with the CD rods are the same as the problem with the Herrington rods, so even the information on the herrington rods is useful.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I think you are the first person I've spoken to that actually had CD rods. I have also noticed that there are similiar issues with the harrington rods. I guess it's good to know that the symptoms I'm having are consistent with others.
      If I may ask. Did your neck move at all (curve) since your surgery? I have a hunch mine may have curved above the fusion.

Comment

I have had the same problems(herniated disks, pinched nerves, and kyphosis developping) all in my non fused vertebreas-C1 to T4. I also get headaches, pain in my thoracic area(shoulder blades) and have tried osteos, acupuncture, massages, etc...NO chiro and will not go there.

I have Titanium rods so it happens with newer rods as well.
        35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
        Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
        Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
        Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
        Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Originally posted by Flipsie
          Thanks for the reply! I think you are the first person I've spoken to that actually had CD rods. I have also noticed that there are similiar issues with the harrington rods. I guess it's good to know that the symptoms I'm having are consistent with others.
          If I may ask. Did your neck move at all (curve) since your surgery? I have a hunch mine may have curved above the fusion.

My neck is a mess. My disks at C3, C4, and C5 are all ruptured and have stenosis in that area. I have a hump above my fusion and it hurts. I feel like my neck has curved but don't know for sure. I am also curving below the fusion.

Comment

Working...
          X