Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusion

Just wondering if anyone knew if it is possible for a fusion of the tailbone or cocyx(not correct spelling). I had my follow up xray today and the tech showed me my xrays even though he wasnt suspose to and showed me where my sacrum was on the xray. It seemed like to me my pain was more associated in my tailbone. Dont know if that is the case but who knows. Just wondering if anyone knew if they did fusion of the tailbone.
    Sarah 25 yrs old- Married with three english bulldogs

1995-Surgery for scoliosis fused T3-L3.
    2000-Surgery for Rod breaking, relaced rod and took out upper rods.
    March 2005-Surgery for removal of all rods.
    August 2005-Fusion of T10-T11 due to crack in fusion, Rods put back in.
    August 2006- Surgery for fusion from L4 to sacrum.

tailbone pain

Hey there-
    I think I can help, or at least hope so....
    After they fused my spine down to my sacrum (they don't fuse the tailbone as far as I know) I had extreme pain in my tailbone, it felt like someone was jabbing me there with an ice pick and it was a killer just to sit down or even bend on the way down to a sitting position. What I found out is that during the surgery the tailbone was bruised because of them shifting all the stuff around in there. It takes a long time for that pain to go away. (months)
    I am a bit of an expert with tailbone bruises now, about a year post-op I sat down incorrectly in church and got the edge of the pew right in the tailbone
    and bruised it again (then I coined a new word for being afraid to sit down in church "rectopewembedophobia"-fear of getting a pew embedded in one's rectum ), then a couple years later I fell skiing and bruised it again, then I fell at work last year and bruised it again Why me? I dunno...maybe just so I could help you just now. Hang in there.
    Jan
    1982- Scoliosis fusion with Harrington rod T3-L4
    1998- revision surgery for flatback syndrome: fusion extended to sacrum, 2 discs removed/replaced with
    titanium spacers, 2 new short rods attached to Harrington rod, 6 pedicle screws
    2005-found out one screw was broken-surgeon said fusion is solid and not to worry
    2004 to now: neck, shoulder and hip pain, degenerative disc disease in neck, herniated and bulging discs in neck, bone spurs, arthritis

Comment

Working...
    X