SI Joint Injection??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI Joint Injection??

Anyone in NSF land have a SI injection after haveing been fused? Would like your opinion and discription of the procedure. Were you given a "local" prior to the injection or were you given anesthisa (sp)?
    Thanks all
    SandyC

I had a nerve root block done above my fusion about 6 weeks ago. They inject novocane into the area first and then numbing medicine along with the steroids. It doesn't hurt at first. After a few hours, it hurts for a couple of days, then the relief starts. They did not give me anything to relax me first, they just played soft music in the room.
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Rainbow,
      Thanks for the reply. My concern is where they are injecting me. I'm fused from T4-S1, so getting in to the SI joint, I think, may be a challange for the doc. It is really not something I'm looking forward to.
      SandyC

Comment

With the machine that they use, they can guide the needle in. If they could get through my deterioration and arthritis, they can get to yours. I am going back for more on 9/19 for my T7 - T9 area. They want to remove my L5 - S1 disc and put bone in its place. I am 47 years old and have severe arthritis and two protruding discs from the wear and tear that my back has taken above and below my fusion due to my scoliosis fusion.
        T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
        2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
        3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
        Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Working...
        X