Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I Do?

Hello,
    I'm new to this but I don't know what to do. I had my surgery in 1991 and have been going through something since. I tried to do different things but found it only made the pain worse. At first it was like sharp pain moving through my body which made it hard to move. Every time i saw a doctor they could not tell me what was wrong. So i figured it must have been the type of work I was doing so now I do not do it any more.

Now the hooks on the rods are sticking me in my ribs and the only way to stop that is to have them cut half the rods off. But one of the doctors said I might be better off if I just deal with the pain. But I've been doing that since the surgery. It was bad enough that I could only stand, sit or even lay down for so long but now I do not know what I will do. I really don't want to go through another surgery.

Please help!!
    Last edited by jmcarn; 03-31-2004, 08:08 AM.
    Jermaine

Hi,

I think you should get your metal out if it is causing you pain. I had all mine out and the operation went fine so much easier than the actual fusion.

Amanda

Comment

Thanks

They will not take them out, its been over 10yrs. I was told because of the nerves an tissue that has grown around them. But they are willing to cut half of the rods off. With every breath I take I can fill the hooks in my back.
      Jermaine

Comment

Working...
      X