6 week follow-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 week follow-up

My son had his 6 week post op appt. today and I found out that his curve is now 25 degrees was 65 degrees before surgery. I was a little surprised since the spine looks pretty straight now. I guess I thought it was down in the teens. But definitely very good correction! He has done so well since surgery and now he is back to school.
    Linda
    Mom to Hunter (10 yrs old), status post posterior spinal fusion T1-sacrum 7/24/06 w/spastic quad CP

That is wonderful to hear that he is doing well! For my own son, with the height that he gained, and only being corrected to 40 on the top curve, I was surprised at that. He ended up starting school on time as opposed to the homeschooling we were going to be doing. Good luck to you both on his continued successful recovery!
    Laurie
    mom to Josh age 15, double curves 77T/55L Posterior spinal fusion done at age 13 on July 10, 2006 from T2 - L5 Now 35T/25L

Comment

Delighted to hear Hunter's doing so well!! His feeding problems settled down all right?
      Best wishes
      Lorrie

Comment

Yes, his GI problems are resolved. They didn't find anything wrong on the upper GI study. It turns out his sodium level was low which can make you nauseous. Also his GI doctor thinks his system was still running a little slow from surgery and anesthesia.
        Linda
        Mom to Hunter (10 yrs old), status post posterior spinal fusion T1-sacrum 7/24/06 w/spastic quad CP

Comment

Working...
        X