Brace after Surgery question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brace after Surgery question

For those of you who wore a brace after surgery, did you wear it while you were sleeping? Also, if you were home recovering and just lying around all day did you wear it then or is it just for protection for when you are out and about? Thanks.

brace after surgery

I only wore the short brace while out of bed if I was going to be up for awhile; not just to go to the bathroom. My doctor had me wear it for 4 months; he said is was mainly to make me feel more comfortable. It also protected me from jolts when out in public.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

So you did wear it around the house if you were up for any length of time? How about when you were sleeping?

Comment

Sorry. Obviously you didn't wear it while in bed. Brain cramp!

Comment

We talked with my daughter's surgeon last nite and I asked him about the brace. He said she would have to wear it at all times except for when sleeping. Even just sitting around at home. A minimum of six months.

Comment

I didnt have a back brace at all after mine and i have the straightest back out of the 3 friends i have local that had one after their fusion...

Comment

Working...
            X