No announcement yet.

biopsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's wonderful! That should mean that her prognosis is excellent!
    Celebratory Hugs!
    God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

God bless you and your "amazing kid" !!! I'm so glad to hear treatment is going well. Stay strong and know so many people are wishing all the best for your daughter.
      Kate

Comment

Pam,. that is just the BEST news. I am just so very pleased. I have been praying for you and your family and have told my friends about you and prayers are coming from there as well.

Will keep on doing so and please let us know how things continue. She is a tough little sweetheart.

Macky xx
        Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
        Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

That's great!

That's great! im soo glad she is getting better. Congrats!
          Annie. (61* Before surgery 8* after, Surgery 1990)
          Mother of
          Anna, age 11, 54* curve (surgery on 9/2)
          Mack, age 7, 32* curve (TLSO Brace)
          Meghan, age 2 18* curve (Monitering)
          www.potterfamily.piczo.com

Comment

Pam
            I also want you to know that I have been and will continue to pray for your daughter and you. I pray for God's blessing over her doctors and nurses and pray that he will give all of you comfort and peace.

I am so thankful that she is responding well to the treatment. I know of someone who faced this as a child and although there were a few rough episodes with the treatment, she did remarkably well and continues to be just fine.

Cheryl M
            NCM

Comment

Thank you all for your prayers and wonderful messages, it is helping me so much. I haven't let her scoliosis surgeon know yet but I am going to. I try not to be angry but I really believe that he (as well as other scoliosis surgeons) are not careful with the amount and type of xrays that they are taking on our kids. I know I will never know what really caused this but I believe that something has to be done.

Comment

I completely agree with you!!!! There are alternative ways of monitoring these children besides x-rays. I think there is an Ortelius 800 machine and others I'm not familiar with, but I *know* they exist. Doctors/hospitals won't take action to make things happen - I call it tunnel vision. What is it going to take ???? Maybe it's up to us since we're the only ones that care. How can we organize ?

Canadian eh
                Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Celia,
                  I just emailed my daughter's orthopedic surgeon to let him know about her leukemia. I haven't heard of that machine, but if it is not harmful, why isn't it being used? Or why aren't machines being developed that have no xrays? It is so important! She had sooo many xrays in the hospital!!! I was worried then. I was so afraid she would get cancer. And they never tell you how many xrays will be taken if you have the surgery! That should be told. It is one of the factors to be considered. She had an anterior surgery and she had a chest tube in for five days and also had chest xrays for seven days!
                  One day my husband and I will do something!

Pam

Comment

Working...
                  X