Help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Hey everyone, i need some help, the docter sais my back is 22 degrees crooked and he ses i maybe will be needing a brace, how many degrees is ur back that u need a brace, i really hope i dont need one although what you guyz write it doesnt sound so bad, could you pls also gove me some advice? Thanx alot, your angie

hey angie pangie

hey i got my brace at 29 degrees. my doctor told me 25-30 degree curves don't HAVE to be braced but he highly told me i should and above 30 degree curves people really really should be braced.
    i hope you don't have to be braced!
    LIBBY

14 yrs old
    28 t
    29 L before brace
    right now: 21 L
    now i'm doing basketball, ballet, and piano

Comment

yeah when i got 2 thirty degrees my doctor braced me. now i have my boston brace. i hope you don't have to be braced, but if you do, it might hurt at the beginning, just try to be patient, i am fine with mine now.
      I am 14

I love knitting, reading, dancing, singing, acting, etc.

I have a boston brace

My curves are 18 and about 9 in my brace

Originally my curves were about 15 and 30

I wear my brace 18-20 hours a day

Comment

ya

ya, in the beginning i thought i was gunna die! but its gets like 10 times better after a couple weeks. it you get it just try to stay happy. right as my doctor put it on me i started to laugh because i could barley breathe, i'm sure i could have cried instead but i tried to stay positive. i did a lot of crying though, in the first few weeks but now i'm a lot better!
        LIBBY

14 yrs old
        28 t
        29 L before brace
        right now: 21 L
        now i'm doing basketball, ballet, and piano

Comment

hey i hav a 40 degree thorasic curve in my spine is that alot??? U guyz all seem 2 have about 20-30? Also im wearing a boston brace atm which seems 2 be going well, if this works will i need treatment later on in life?

Comment

i have a wierd brace, but i agree with Libby: about a 25-30 degree curve has to be dealt with, but YOU ARE NOT ALONE! lots of people have a brace, i've had mine for over 2 years now, but you will get used to yours!
            Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
            -Virgel

Comment

Hey

Heres the order i got mine in:
              1. 27 degree curve i got a providence brace
              and went up a good 25 degrees to
              2. 54 degree curve i got my first boston
              and my hips wideded and
              3. 50-54 degree curve i just fot my second boston brace

omg and i hope i dont need any more
              i advise that u watch out if you are in a providence so u dont end up like me...
              Mák Veronika
              14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
              40T
              54L
              +rotation
              Boston Brace since December 2005
              Location in Florida

I play flute.
              I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

Comment

smile!

heyy

I know that just finding out that you need a back brace is a very scary thing. i found out, two years ago that i needed one and i wish that i had known about this web-site then so i can get advice from people that are in the same boat. im almost 14 now and due to how bad my back was, and not wearing my brace as well as i should, i am now needing surgery. when i first found out about the brace, my curve was at 32*. i realized how quickly it can progress as i am now at 61*... it is no fun having to wear a brace but it is not as bad as i thought it would be. some problems that i has were with clothing not fitting the way that i liked and also i had bad back pain when i layed down to go to sleep... you may not get that. it all depends on the person... the key to wearing a brace is to keep lots of posative friends and family members around you because they will give you lots of support through the rough times.

good luck and i hope for the best,,,,

Samantha

Comment

Angie,
                  Im not ssure how old you are,which makes a difference on how you cope.My daughter is 12 yrs old in the 6th grade.Her spine in at 35 degrees.She just recieved her brace Dec 19, 2006.She is amazing, at first she was really sad.But honestly that lasted 1 day....She is okay and says of course she doesnt love it,but its not so bad.The first few days are a little hard.It takes some getting used to.Now its nothing at all to her.On xmas morning she asked is she could take it off to open gifts.Then a few hours later she pointed out that she had forgotten.If you are young check out spine kids.It made the most difference for her and good luck
                  Mother of Nichole 12yrs old and Madison 4yrs old

Comment

I was diagnosed with scoliosis in august of this year at a 22 degree curve. I was braced with a boston brace in September of this year,the brace is now holding me at a 14 degree curve. I hope you don't have to be braced but if you do it is really painfull the first week and then you get used to it. If you get a boston brace put band-aids over the screws the day you get it,because if you don't the screw will rip up your shirts. Good Luck,

If you have any questions feel free to email me at jaketori@netzero.com

Tori
                    Tori
                    Boston Brace
                    22 degree curve without brace 14 with brace
                    Homeschooled, in 7th grade
                    Feel free to email me jaketori@netzero.com

Comment

I have three curves in my spine and the worst is at 90 degrees. I cannot have the surgery, because of a lung problem I have, and I already got kicked out of a brace program. I have to do yoga stretching for the rest of my life.

Comment

Working...
                      X