No announcement yet.

Inter Costal nerve block injections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou so much Theresa for all the information. Wow I certainly learned a lot. It does have a plus side doesnt it, but the infection bit is worrying. Hope you are feeling not quite so let down now Therese, I guess they probably think it is best to wait to be sure.

Thoughts and prayers all the time
    Macky
    Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
    Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

I had one done on the right side of T8 - T9. It hurt for a few days after the injection, but it was more bruising from the doctor pushing on my back. He had a hard time getting the needle to the right place due to bad arthritis. I am 6 weeks out and still have relief for the area where it was done. I have to have other areas done due to protruding discs and arthritis.
      T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
      2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
      3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
      Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Hi Rainbow,

that's encouraging to know, and hopefully it works long term for you. I was wondering if you have hardware in that area(and what vertebreas you're fused)?
        35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
        Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
        Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
        Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
        Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Thank for the info.

Hi everyone,
          I haven't been on the computer for a while because of feeling and pain,(you already know the story). So sorry to hear about all this crap your going trew Sweetness, the waitting is long hear too. Thank you everyone for all the info, because unfortunatly that is one of the options that was given to me also, only it was explained alot better here.
          Hang in there everyone. Sweetness I am sending you a private message.
          Take care. Cic.

Comment

Hi Theresa and everyone,

I finally went to the private clinic yesterday, and the doctor told me that he didn't want to try the injection b/c it is really close to my spine and he's fearful it could cause an infection, given my pain is right next to my hardware, plus he's not used to give injections to patients with implants.

So now he prescribed Lyrica 75mg twice a day and I shall see if it helps, he's really optimistic about it, I just don't like side effects from meds and hope I won't take them too long-he's prescribed them for a month to start.

I still will see the doctor from the pain clinic at the hospital I had surgery, but again the wait could be another six months, that's how the public system goes. This doctor was not that familiar with scoliosis and surgery and he said that a year wait for a pain clinic is short, it's usually two years, lol. Gotta laugh and shake your head I guess

Theresa hope you're doing better and keep in touch
            35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
            Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
            Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
            Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
            Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Sweetness,

I haven't been on the computer for a few weeks due to changing job positions at work. Have been putting in lots of extra hours trying to straighten out the mess that the other lady left. If you read my other e-mail under your other post I tell you how well I like the Lyrica. It's comforting to know that your doctor said the same thing about the risk of infection. Take Care!
              Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
              Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
              Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
              Fused T2 to sacrum
              June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
              MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

I'm fused t12-l5 (L5-S1 fused itself). I just had a week ago another steroid shot at T10 to go up and relieve pain for the T7 - T9 area. It is easing that pain but undid the nerve root block I had done at T8-9. I go back to the doctor 10/20 to discuss this and for a check up. The second shot wasn't as bad, but it still took a week before I was back up to doing light housework. Still can't throw the ball for my dogs or stay on the computer very long.
                T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
                2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
                3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
                Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

Comment

Working...
                X