Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's gonna be a long week-end

All,
    Well, tomorrow we leave for UCSF to see Dr. Deverian Even tho I know what he is going to say, I have a part of me that is hoping beyound hope that I will not need another revision. I'm also hoping that he will only have to make a posterior incision and not anterior. Since the flatback was corrected in '02 and I not longer have flatback, just a posterior will be "easier" to recover from.

Linda, if you are reading this, do you know anything about a new antibiotic for MRSA called CUBICIN ?
    SandyC

Hi Sandy...

Good luck with your appointment.

I haven't heard of Cubicin.

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda,
      It (Cubicin) is a new class of antibiotic, to be used when the strain of staph is resistant to other antibiotics, including Vancomycin. The info I did find on it didn't specifically state that it could be used for spinal surgery. But, I may be trying to be to specific
      Thanks
      SandyC

Comment

Working...
      X