Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having surgery end of aug or early sept?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having surgery end of aug or early sept?

hi is anyone having surgery at the end of august or the beginning of september? im having it done on 9th september and would like someone to talk to and compare how im feeling afterwards with. thanx x
    Becki
    16y/o girl
    42" thorocolumbar curve + rotation
    Had anterior surgery on 9th sept 2006
    www.myspace.com/curvesarecool

hey!

im 15 and 8 weeks post op. if you wanna talk feel free to email me at lroyek@yahoo.com

<3 Lindsay

Comment

hey -- im about 10 weeks post op and ill be happy to give you any advice!
      ~Wanda~
      40TL curve pre op
      Posterior Spinal Fusion with Dr. Pablo Marrero
      San Jorge Children's Hospital in Puerto Rico
      June 7, 2006
      post op curve: 16

Comment

surgery on Sep 19th

Hi,

I am 24 and am scheduled for surgery on Sep 19th. It's a scary time for me and I am getting more scared as I am getting closer to the date. I don't really take any medications to help me but was thinking of asking my doctor to give me some. I also hope that I am making the right decision and that I can get through it safely and recover fast.

Hope to talk to you soon and feel free to ask me anything!!!

Mariya
        30 yrs, mom to two girls ages 9 and 7
        8/9/04 - 18* thoracic and 42* lumbar
        3/7/06 - 22* thoracic and 45* lumbar (38*kyphosis)
        4/8/08 - 38* thoracic and 50-52* lumbar (54* kyphosis)

2007 - Scheduled surgery but cancelled due to no major health issues at the time.
        2011 - Back pain, spasms, sciatica, difficulty doing any physical work/activities w/o following back pain and spasms. Revisiting surgery decision and soon to schedule a doctors appointment to determine the progression since 2008.

Comment

hey,
          surprisingly im not that nervous yet, it may b cos i work wit sm1 whos hd it alredy. shes rely positive n loves her scar, which is de fing im gona h8 most. im also rely excited bout havin normal hips n growin (im quite short). ive read somewhere that if u r nervous, ur doctor shud gv u something. how bad is ur curve? i rely wana recover fast 2, cos i dont wana fall behind at skool!

Becki
          Becki
          16y/o girl
          42" thorocolumbar curve + rotation
          Had anterior surgery on 9th sept 2006
          www.myspace.com/curvesarecool

Comment

Surgery

I had this surgery when I waas a kid and I am now 34. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at melannashby@yahoo.com. I just found out that my daughter who is 7, has scoliosis!!!

Comment

Working...
            X