Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know Dr Sean E, McCance in New York?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know Dr Sean E, McCance in New York?

Hi, my husband has just been advised that he has to have several vertabae fused together, so I am somewhat nervous and want to make sure he has the best spine surgeon that is in NYC. If anyone has undergone this surgery with Dr Sean McCance I would really appreciate the benefit of your experience. Also, if anyone knows of another option besides fusing...Thank you so much!

Surgeons in New York

I haven't heard of Dr. McCance. I have heard a lot of good things about Dr.Boachie-he's at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. I think that's where I'd go for a second opinion.
    Are you close to Albany? There are also some good spine doctors in Albany.
    Capital Region Orthopaedic Surgery has Robert Cheney, who I saw last year.
    I trust his opinion and feel that he would make a good call in your case and wouldn't recommend surgery unless it was necessary.
    All the best to you.
    1982- Scoliosis fusion with Harrington rod T3-L4
    1998- revision surgery for flatback syndrome: fusion extended to sacrum, 2 discs removed/replaced with
    titanium spacers, 2 new short rods attached to Harrington rod, 6 pedicle screws
    2005-found out one screw was broken-surgeon said fusion is solid and not to worry
    2004 to now: neck, shoulder and hip pain, degenerative disc disease in neck, herniated and bulging discs in neck, bone spurs, arthritis

Comment

Working...
    X