Ultimate back pillow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate back pillow

I know we all suffer after back surgery and even sometimes before when it comes to leaning against something. Car seat does it for me and even sitting in my not so easy chair. I found the best fix for this problem. I took my boat out the other day and like always put on my life vest. The kind you wear like a vest not the type you put over your head. When I docked the boat and went to get my truck I forgot to take off the vest. To my supprise when I set down on the truck seat there was no pain. I drove all the way home with it on and then gave it a test run on the couch, easy chair and even the hard back kitchen chairs. It works great and better than any of the dozen's of pillows that I have bought and threw in the closet. You can buy one of these at Wally World for around $20 and adjust it to your back. I know you think I must be on crack but it works. Give it a try. You already own every kind of pillow money can buy.
    Good luck, Jess
    March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
    15 1/2 Hours
    Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Hi Jess...

Are you talking about something that looks like this?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...llpartial/90/0

Interestingly, I discovered that soft mattresses are better for my back in a similar manner. I was visiting my sister some years ago. She gave me a bedroom with an old bed with a super soft mattress. I was really dismayed when I got into bed, thinking that I was going to be super sore in the morning. Much to my surprise, I slept like a baby, and felt great in the morning. When I got home, one of the first things I did was purchase a new bed.

It's funny that we try anything and everything to help with back pain, but the real discoveries seem to happen when we least expect them.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

I guess we could all get us one of those vest and wear them when winter comes...what a fashion statement!

Kindest Regards,
      Gail

Comment

Originally posted by LindaRacine
        Hi Jess...

Are you talking about something that looks like this?

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...llpartial/90/0

Interestingly, I discovered that soft mattresses are better for my back in a similar manner. I was visiting my sister some years ago. She gave me a bedroom with an old bed with a super soft mattress. I was really dismayed when I got into bed, thinking that I was going to be super sore in the morning. Much to my surprise, I slept like a baby, and felt great in the morning. When I got home, one of the first things I did was purchase a new bed.

It's funny that we try anything and everything to help with back pain, but the real discoveries seem to happen when we least expect them.

Regards,
        Linda
        The vest I have is a bit different than the one shown. It only is waste long and has a zipper in front. I drive a SUV (sorry) and the vest works well in the bucket seats.
        15 1/2 Hours
        Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Jess...

Perhaps you can find a similar picture here:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...ch&sa=N&tab=wi

It might be helpful for others to know what to look for.

Thanks.

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Here it is.
            http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...h/DSCF1734.jpg
            15 1/2 Hours
            Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
            X