Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have a miliwauke brace like mine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have a miliwauke brace like mine?

Hi everyone!

I am just curious to know if anyone had or has a miliwauke brace like mine. It doesn't have a shoulder or neck ring. It has two metal pieces at the back and one at the front. Its no higher than the boston brace that covers the chest. You know, just below the collar bone.And only has two straps which are at the back. My therapist says it's a low profile type. But i've been looking at various miliwauke braces on the internet and i had no luck finding any that was similar to mine.
    Please help.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by D-angel; 07-27-2006, 09:10 PM.
    ~Debra~
    55*Thoracic curve-progressing, compensatory lumbar

a book

Hey, i dont know if u have heard of the auther judy bloom, but she wrote a book about a girl called deenie (the book is called deenie) and well, this girl has the same brace as urs and its how she copes with it and evrything, u might find it interesting!
    Bye, angie

Comment

I've talked to people on spinekids (spinekids.com/boards) who have the type of brace you do, but I can't find a picture of it on google images; sorry! While it's not as common as the regular Milwaukee, there are definitely others who use it.
      Call me Kari.

I had surgery on October 13, 2005 for my scoli.

I used to wear a Providence brace.

[[[[[[]]]]]]

Comment

Hey take a look at this site. There are literally 100's of pictures in the gallery of different types of braces as well as much other information, and stories. http://milwaukee.brace.nu/ Be advised that there are some pics that are rather revealing. The Milwaukee brace is only one of several different types of braces that use metal in the brace. These shorter braces seem to be used most commonly for kyphosis and/or lordosis. What's really neat about looking at these is the older, and more elaborate braces. It will make some of you appreciate what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by XxKarixX
          I've talked to people on spinekids (spinekids.com/boards) who have the type of brace you do, but I can't find a picture of it on google images; sorry! While it's not as common as the regular Milwaukee, there are definitely others who use it.
          Thanks for your reply! Do you know its success rate on scoliosis patients like me?
          ~Debra~
          55*Thoracic curve-progressing, compensatory lumbar

Comment

Working...
          X