You were all right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MGM Grand,

I agree. I don't know about the troll theory. I know that Mobee has been on this site many times, sometimes just to talk to others about her scoliosis, and sometimes to let her frustrations out about scoliosis and then she also talks about all the other bad things that happened to her in her life(medical issues, and abuse), and it is mostly always the same she describes. I think she suffers from some psychological issues and has said so(ADD, OCD). This would make her be dramatic and some people are just that way. My beef was mostly with the suicide thoughts being allowed to be discussed on such a level on this forum, sorry but that should be against the rules.
    Last edited by sweetness514; 07-24-2006, 02:20 PM.
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

I'm sure I'll get flack for this, but I did a quick check of Mobee's posts and noticed many discrepencies in her curvature sizes. We all know our curves by heart so this has struck me as really strange and was one of the reasons I had to agree with Kat. Here's a list of the dates of the posts and the curvature(s) given:

4/20 37T, 33L

4/24 40, 38

4/27 mentions only having 1 curve which at one time was measured at 23 then a few years later at 30 degrees

5/15 34T, 30L

5/20 34T, 30L

7/18 35, 35

7/19 mentions only having 1 curve 34

7/19 34T, 32L

7/20 34T. 34L

Sorry, but I had to look further into this and this is my last post on this topic.

Comment

Good work, Heidi! I love it.

I got suspicious when I read the quickie happy ending too. I guess none of us enjoys admitting we were taken in. You know what's really funny -- she's not even posting lately and here we all are STILL giving her the attention she craves. I vote that we forget all about her and move on.
        Chris
        A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
        Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
        Post-op curve: 12 degrees
        Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

You were all right

I have never heard of an internet troll before., and I was hesitant to even reply as this Mocity has had quite enough attention, I just read all her posts and I could not believe it. She lives by herself, well she really needs to go and see a counsellor, as not a lot of what she has written makes sense and it has been to get attention and to dramatise and I really feel to make what we have all been through seem so damn trivial.
          I really love this site and I am so very, very upset that someone would use it to their advantage like she has . No more to say except.
          Those of us who have scoliosis are SURVIVORS MOBEE AND DONT EVER FORGET THAT.

Macky is leaving the building and the subject. xx
          Last edited by macky; 07-25-2006, 07:56 PM. Reason: wrong name
          Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
          Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Originally posted by macky
            I have never heard of an internet troll before., and I was hesitant to even reply as this Mocity has had quite enough attention, I just read all her posts and I could not believe it. She lives by herself, well she really needs to go and see a counsellor, as not a lot of what she has written makes sense and it has been to get attention and to dramatise and I really feel to make what we have all been through seem so damn trivial.
            I really love this site and I am so very, very upset that someone would use it to their advantage like she has . No more to say except.
            Those of us who have scoliosis are SURVIVORS MOCITY AND DONT EVER FORGET THAT.

Macky is leaving the building and the subject. xx

Just to clarify, MOBEE is the troll, not MOCITY.

Comment

I have been following this thread and debating whether or not to add anything further to this discussion. I certainly do not want to give any attention to the alleged troll. After some thought I decided I had some things I needed to say so here goes...

I don't know if Mobee is a troll. Truthfully, none of us do. I do agree however, that it looks very suspicious and I am inclined to doubt her sincerity. Having said that, I am damn angry. Having recently had surgery, I felt an obligation to help another who is struggling with this disease. I have a tendency to believe that most people are good and I wanted to support this person in any way I was able. When she went on and on about suicidal thoughts and enduring sexual molestation my heart went out to her. Yes, I thought she focused far too much on the negatives, but I chalked that up to some form of psychological illness brought on by her extensive medical issues. I, like many of you on this board, know what it is like to live with the emotional and physical pain scoliosis can cause. We know what it is like to agonize over our decisions. We know the difficulties involved in finding a capable and trustworthy surgeon. Many of us have made the decision to have surgery without the support of our friends and family and have turned to this board for that support. We, as a community, are here to help fellow scoliosis survivors do just that - survive. When someone comes to these boards with a selfish agenda I am personally offended. How dare Mobee or others like her play on our emotions and take up our time. How dare these people misrepresent themselves in order to gain some sort of sick attention. This board means a great deal to me. I don't know if I would be recovering as well as I am, if not for the support I have received from those of you I have come to regard as friends.

Mobee, if you read this (and I think you probably will) you have my apologies if I have misjudged you. However, if my instincts are correct and you are not who you say you are, shame on you! Find something constructive to do with your time. Grow up.
              Brandi
              Congenital Scoliosis, 58* lumbar curve
              Combined Anterior/Posterior Spinal Fusion w/Laminectomy May 22, 2006
              L1-S1
              Dr. William Lauerman
              Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC
              Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy @ L3, Posterior Spinal Fusion L2-L4, rod removal with re-instrumentation T10-S1 and Laminectomy February 5, 2009 to correct flatback
              http://brandi816.wordpress.com/

Comment

Thanks Mgm

Thanks for correcting MACKY for me. I was not the one writing all that mess.
                Background - Diagnosed in 1981 with a s-curve. Very progressive. Wore a Milwalkee brace from 1981-1986. I had back surgery in 1989....spinal fusion with Harrington rods and bone from my hip.

Comment

Makes me think with her talking about genitals that she could be. But there wouldn't be a problem and wasted energies and some people getting upset if there were rules and trolls and such language would not be allowed and ultimately deleted.
                  35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
                  Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
                  Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
                  Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
                  Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

AMEN bbest!! You spoke my mind entirely!
                    Jen
                    24/NY
                    Harrington rod placement & fusions
                    11/2/94
                    60T, 35L

Comment

HGD24

so I guess I'm not the only one that noticed the degree discrepencies.
                      30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
                      2005 - T50, L31
                      bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
                      2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
                      Post - op curve ~35

Comment

I have never responded to any of Mobee's threads because frankly I didn't know how to. I do take personal offense to her referring to her deformity in the way she does. I think all of us are self conscious about our uneven everythings. I have never felt like a monster or anything like that. That did offend me.
                        surgery 9/06
                        Rothman institute

Comment

And............where are you Mobee...............we aren't hearing from you..... defending your sincerity................so what does that make us all think.......hmmmm.
                          Berta in Hawaii

Comment

I too have never heard of this "trolling" thing. This is the only forum I have ever been on. And I have ALWAYS found it to be quite comforting!!!

If this is truly the case, then I am also feeling offended and violated. I offered personal information out of compassion and concern. I guess I'm more naive than I thought I was!!!

But it does make me appreciate so much more, all the honest people that are here to share and care about each other!!!

Shari

Comment

http://hometown.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm
                              Meg is Spinewhine
                              31 years old with thoracic curve
                              Wore Boston brace as teenager, but curve continued to progress.
                              Surgery on 12/13/2005 with correction from over 55 degrees to under 25 degrees. (Ya baby!)

The nitty gritty at:
                              http://spinewhine.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks for the link, Meg.

FASCINATING!!!
                                Chris
                                A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
                                Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
                                Post-op curve: 12 degrees
                                Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Working...