Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personality

Hey
    My personality in my clthing has changed since I got my brace bacause before I got my brace I wore pretty tight clothing and during bracing I started to wear baggy t-shirts and went up in pant size 3 to 7 and small junior to medium-large in t-shirts. Living in Florida with a plastic thing and baggy clothing is not easy!!!!
    Now I've started to wear clothing that kind of show the straps in the back but not too much.(and i have long hair to cover the straps any ways)
    Thanks for the support!!
    Mák Veronika
    14 yr.o. girl 9th grade
    40T
    54L
    +rotation
    Boston Brace since December 2005
    Location in Florida

I play flute.
    I LOVE ROCK!!!!!

I have these trousers that go quite low and a short-ish top and because my hips are uneven you see flesh on one side but not the other, but I don't care ^_^ because I love my clothes. I'm the same as you, if I had a brace I wouldn't hide it, because I love my clothes and fashion.
    Adolescent Idiopathic Thoracic Lumbar Scoliosis

Back Pain started in October 2001
    Diagnosed - June 2003

Thoracic and Lumbar curves- 37 degrees
    Started Hospital examination - June 2003
    Discharged from hospital - November 2006

Comment

I've started to wear baggier clothing, but that's better for me, because it fits my personality (sort of laid-back ). Luckily, I've got a special type of brace (SpineCor brace) that is pretty form-fitting, so I'm pretty lucky I guess. I did have to get a bunch of new pants that were looser than my old ones, because whenever I put on my old pants, the only way they'd fit is if I pulled them up crazy high on my waist like an obaba ("old, grouchy woman" in Japanese. I didn't have to speak in a different language, I guess, but I like showing off my heritage ) What was really fun for me was that my mom and obaa-chan (grandmother) both gave me kimonos to wear around the house . They're really loose-fitting and comfortable. Plus they're really pretty. I'm wearing one right now. Kimono=luv

~Daifuku Mochi XD

Comment

Hi

Hey, I'm Laura, 13, 8th grade

Idiopathic adolescent scoliosis..
        Diagnosed 2005
        Curves USED to be: 33 and 27
        Cures ARE: 22 and 15

Hey everyone! I'm just really glad I found this website. It'll be fun to talk to people with similar problems to me-I don't know anyone else who has it! I have a boston brace, but I only have to wear it 16 hours a day. That excludes school. I guess I really am lucky =)

Check out my profile. I've got AIM, so instant message me!
        Hey, I'm Laura, 13, 8th grade

Idiopathic adolescent scoliosis..
        Diagnosed 2005
        Boston bracing
        Curves USED to be: 33 and 27
        Cures ARE: 22 and 15
        I have AIM
        IM me!

Comment

Working...
        X