need to know names of good surgical professionals or treatment centers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need to know names of good surgical professionals or treatment centers

I am looking for a treatment center for adult scoliosis. I also need to know names of any good doctors that treat this with surgical or non-sugical. Anywhere in the US will do - but would love to find some one on the east coast. Anywhere from Maine to Florida. Please help me -

There are excellent professionals all up and down the east coast. Where are you located?
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

" "

I know a great docter and hes also a surgon.....but he is in grand rapids his name is Dr. Scott Russo you can find his website my searching in google Dr. Scott Russo M.D then click on the first one his is really good and nice too but im sorry that it is not on the east coast its the best i can do

Comment

Maybe Miami?

Check Miami Children's Hospital. I understand they see adults too. Harry Shuffelbarger (sp?) is known around the country. Everywhere I go, doctors mention him. He is good with scoliosis in children 10 y.o or older. For younger children I have my doubts. Michael O'Brien is the other one there. You may like him better and he has lots of experience and excellent training. Don't dare to go to Memorial Hospital in Hollywood, FL to see Dr. Jofe or to the University of Miami to see Dr. Stricker. These are two jerks, especially the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by L's Mother
          Check Miami Children's Hospital. I understand they see adults too. Harry Shuffelbarger (sp?) is known around the country. Everywhere I go, doctors mention him. He is good with scoliosis in children 10 y.o or older. For younger children I have my doubts. Michael O'Brien is the other one there. You may like him better and he has lots of experience and excellent training. Don't dare to go to Memorial Hospital in Hollywood, FL to see Dr. Jofe or to the University of Miami to see Dr. Stricker. These are two jerks, especially the last one.

Please do NOT consider Miami Children's Hospital with the above-mentioned surgeon, hence why I have dealt with so many problems and complications. I can tell you some horror stories. I heard Dr. Boachie in NYC is one of the best.

1981-Harrington/Luque instrumentation T9-L5 for 30 degree thoracolumbar curve. Dr. Shufflebarger
          1990-Revision surgery-Broken hardware/flatback deformity/pseudoarthrosis-Cotrel Dubousett instrumentation with extension into sacrum. (never done correctly) Dr. Shufflebarger
          1995-Revision surgery-Severe flatback deformity/kyphosis-Moss Miami instrumentation (T5-sacrum) with titanium cages (back/front/back procedure), thoracoplasty, total reconstruction with osteotomies. (surgeon did surgery while coming down with chicken pox and developed encephalitis with brain damage, etc during 14 hr surgery) Dr. Shufflebarger
          2005-Car accident-spinal cord injury/myelopathy from top of rods/hooks at T5. Surgery to remove hardware, with exception of cages. Permanent damage. Dr. Campbell
          2008-5th surgery pending for severe stenosis in cervical spine, as well as lumbar spine because of prior surgeries.

Comment

Working...
          X