Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about 3 weeks to go ..& I think I'm getting frantic!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about 3 weeks to go ..& I think I'm getting frantic!!!

My husband mentioned tonight, we only have 3 weeks to go.. & I thought no way, I have a least 6 weeks.....ahhhhhhhhhhh! After all this waiting (7 months in all) & hope of being a new straighter better me, I want to hold time back.. I just see the next couple of weeks to come as being the crazyiest of my life thus far.......................??? Ly
    Aug 1st surg ant/post
    Last edited by lelc2002@yahoo; 07-08-2006, 09:06 PM.

If it makes you feel better, this is probably the most freaked out you'll be. For some reason the closer my surgery got, the happier I was that is was going to be DONE and over. It's the anticipation that's a killer
    Best of luck to you!!
    Jenn
    37 y/o female
    60 degree lumbar
    45 degree thoracic
    1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
    T 5 to S 1
    NYC

Comment

My two weeks will fly by!!

Lynne,
      3 weeks is almost a full month yet! I only have 2 weeks and was looking at my calendar and have appointments for me or my family or something scheduled almost every single day until then!!

Plus I have a huge TO DO list which I have to keep plugging away on even though it won't all get done. I just keep working on the most important ones!! A lot of them are just training my bunch on doing my jobs around the house. Of course, just because I do doesn't mean they will actually do them!!
      But at least I tried.

Also, how are you sleeping? I haven't slept well this week--keep waking up in the middle of the night for a couple of hours before I can get back to sleep. Of course, then have to get a snooze in during the afternoon!! Frustrating.

Saw my mother (age 70) the Fourth and she doesn't like the idea of my surgery. She only knew of one other person who had it 30 some years ago and her rod broke but they didn't ever take it out. I had her look at the Scoliosis handbook by Wolpert but all she said was," EEEWW, that looks painful, look at all of that hardware, have you really researched this and why should your curve keep growing?" So I have accepted that she can't understand or really be supportive. She never has done well with medical difficulties and this won't change that. She lives about an hour and half away and I told her I would call her after I was home and ready for visitors and she seemed ok with that. But my own family and most friends are very supportive and accepting of it, so my confidence is unchanged.

Take care, Lynne, Peachtree, Dawney, and others for whom time is drawing close; we are in the same nervewracking boat together!!

Deb

Comment

I had been trying for several weeks to get a surgery date. Finally, I was called on a Thursday afternoon and told my surgeon had a cancellation for Monday if I wanted to have the surgery that date. I am so glad I took it. I had from Thursday to Sunday to freak out. I can't imagine all the anticipation some you have had waiting several months. I will be praying for you!

Kindest Regards,
        Gail

Comment

To all of you waiting for surgery....I know how you feel! But it will be worth it when it is all over. The nervousness will come and go, your family will either do what you want them to do or just what is actually NEEDED, and you will be so busy that the day will come before you know it. Just breathe & enjoy your family...and let them take care of you both now and then! My prayers will be with you all! Linda

Comment

Deb
            I was nonchalantly reading the post, lalalal, and low and behold I am in the category as soon. I keep saying I have plenty of time. I did get a snicker out of that, Thanks
            My family goes on vacation the last week of August. So I will be coming home late Friday and I will have surgery that Wednesday. I am not sure if that is good or bad. I do know it will be good for my soon to be 11 year old son.
            One thing I have decided to do is get my house professionally cleaned right before I come home. I haven't been able to do as much since my pain has basically been unmanagable. This way Iwon't have to expend my energy on that before I go into the hospital.
            surgery 9/06
            Rothman institute

Comment

Remember -- you have one of the best docs in the country, if not the world -- who knows exactly what he's doing. Just keep remembering that.....
              Chris
              A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
              Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
              Post-op curve: 12 degrees
              Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

thks everyone,
                I think I'm calmer this morning for now! My boys keep me very busy these days, always in & out of the house. Last night the older had a sleep-over w/2 other boys so I did end up sleeping good because I was so exhausted from getting them popcorn & all their other needs...
                Deb: I have been sleeping ok the last week or so. I think I've been running around like a nut trying to do all I want to do before I'm 'in'. So I'm just exhausted....
                Dawney: the best thg you can do is take vacation(I feel) I went on 2 trips. One w/ my mom & sisters to Maryland in beg. June & just recently w/ my boys & husband, end of June. It so relaxes you! I felt so good & still thought about surgery stuff but very little & less backpain. Of course I was'nt doing all the stuff I usually do!
                Singer: I know(& keep telling myself)we have a great surgeon. But I'm still scared out of my wits........now the pain thg is starting to bother me. I soooo hope I'm one of those patients that has no recollection of the first week!!!Ly

Comment

Lynne,

I know this is going to sound strange, but through the rougest 3 months of my recovery, I remember the little things my husband did that pissed me off more than the pain.

I had a long wait like you, so I know what you going through to some degree. You've been in my thoughts.

Shari

Comment

I too freaked out at 3 weeks before surgery. I liked the idea that surgery was way out in the future somewhere. At 3 weeks, it hit home that it was coming up FAST. I finally realized that what was bothering me was that (before surgery) at least I knew what this was like and the things that I did to help the situation. And what I was facing after surgery would all be brand new. It was "the devil I know vs. the devil I don't know." At any rate, after surgery is much better. Good luck to you!
                    Florida Judy

Comment

Working...
                    X