Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching in San Francisco

Hi all,

I haven't posted for a while here. I needed to take a break. Sometimes all this gets to be a little overwhelming after a while. I read that Linda mentioned about Dr. Gorek in SF. Is he one of the better doctors there? I will be going to SF for opinion # 4. Is the University better verses a private Dr. ? I just want an excellent surgeon as does everyone here. I am in Las Vegas and will travel for this surgery.

Debbie
    A/P Surgery Oct.15 and 18, 2007
    T2 to Sacrum
    Pre-surgery 56* T 60* L
    Post-surgery 28* T 30* L
    Dr. Pashman, Cedars-Sinai Hospital
    Bevery Hills, CA

Debbie, age 51 at surgery.
    Now, 59 yrs young :-)

Debbie,
    You might try UCSF. There are a group of doc's in with Dr. Bradshaw's (though Bradshaw only consults now, no surgery) office that several people on this board have had their revisions by, including myself. I had outstanding care at UC and I would walk on hot coals for my doc, Dr. Deviran. Do a search on this web site and you should be able to pull up the doc's at UC
    SandyC

Comment

Hi Debbie...

Dr. Gorek is a Kaiser physician. So, unless you have Kaiser, I wouldn't pursue him.

I agree with Sandy about UCSF. You'll be in good hands with any of the spinal deformity surgeons (Sigurd Berven, Vedat Deviren, and Serena Hu).

Regards,
      Linda

BTW Sandy, I assume you know that it's David Bradford, not Bradshaw :-)
      Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
      Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

By the way, here's the UC spinal deformity website:

http://www.ucsfhealth.org/adult/medi...y/experts.html
        Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
        Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Linda,
          LOL .....menopause can be such a drag!!
          SandyC

Comment

Working...
          X