Cranial Sacral Massage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cranio-Sacral Therapy Experience

I tried carnio-sacral therpay once and had a similar experience to previous writer. He had me lay on a table on top of some sort of air filled mattress and he slipped his hands between the mattress and me. You are fully clothed with just shoes off. He applied a light supporting touch - not massage - just some sort of balancing support and it seemed basically pointless. At one point I asked him how this was supposed to work. He replied that it was to restore balance, which I found almost comical, having a 53 degree thorasic curve and a broken metal Harrington rod in my spine. Top that with cervical and lumbar disc degeneration and the concept of 'balance' was lost on me. The only real 'work' he did was up in the occiptal (where the top of the spine meets the skull). That pressure there was more intense but felt good. The one strange result though, is now when i put my head down and touch my chin to my chest it sounds like there are grains of sand in my neck. I don't know if it was something he did or something loosened up. They are not painful, but the sound is annoying. My neck felt decent for about an hour after the treatment, but then went back to its painful and immobilizing self after that. My advice - don't waste your time of money. You are better off with a decent massage therapist who can break up the muscle knots on a regular basis.

Comment

My PT said is was to release the fascia (connective tissue) under the skin. But I think to do that, you'd have to do some real pulling on the skin in different directions and they don't do that. She did put pressure on my rib hump, which caused me pain later on. But the whole thing was done with soft music playing in the background and soft, low-key conversation for relaxation. I can relax like that at home. I don't know why some people respond and others don't. But like I said before, it was a waste of time and money for me, too.
      Be happy!
      We don't know what tomorrow brings,
      but we are alive today!

Comment

Working...
      X