Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheerleading

ugh!!
    I had my second post-op yesterday and he said that i could tryout for cheerleading.Tryouts are at the end on this month.But my parents[esspesially mom] dont think they are goin to let me.We dont have to do any backflips or pyramids. Dont you think i should beable to tryout!?!
    luve allways,
    *Paige*
    __-------______--------______-------__
    12years old had postier fusion Jan.22,o4!!

Hi Paiger, how long has it been since your surgery? I seem to remember that it was about a month ago, or something. That's great that your doctor said it was ok for you to try out, but I can also understand your parents' point of view. How do you feel?

I'm getting pretty nervous, my surgery is in 6 days. It's reassuring to hear that you feel well enough to try cheerleading, because I was wondering when I'll feel good enough to go out dancing with friends and stuff like that. What do you think? Thanks!

Comment

Hey!! My surgery was 7 weeks ago!!I feel like i could do cheerleading easily!! I already have gone to a school dance so i think u will b able to go out pretty soon after.good Luck wit ur surgery!!
      luve allways,
      *Paige*
      __-------______--------______-------__
      12years old had postier fusion Jan.22,o4!!

Comment

The standard regulations for post spinal fusion patients say no light jogging, biking, or lifting more than five pounds for three months. I'm guessing that cheerleading is a bad idea because of all of the jumping. Even things like cartwheels and handstands could be extremely damaging if you fall. I know its hard but, I don't think cheerleading is a good idea right now. Just think about how hard it would be to damage you back and have to go through another surgery.

If you can't think of life without cheerleading, then try it for a little while and see what your pain level is, but BE CAREFUL. Don't push yourself into a dangerous place. Good luck!
        Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
        L2 to T4
        Braced for 4 years
        Surgery 2/4/04

Comment

Working...
        X