Tuff Time of Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuff Time of Day

At what time of the day do you have your hardest time?
    I wake up at 5 every morning. Take about 5 min. to think about the best way to get out of bed. Bitch and moan another 5 min. Find my pain meds that I swear I left beside my bed. I guess my tuff time is first thing in the morning. Man I feel so close to becoming a cartoon character. Tell us about your tuff time and how you manage it.
    Oh-Have a good 4th
    March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
    15 1/2 Hours
    Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Whoa, 5 am you sure are an early bird I'm a night owl and have been ever since I was a child, even if I got up very early in the morning I never got to sleep before 2 or 3 am, it was such a pain. Being an adult I tried to take jobs that were later, so it's not that big of a problem anymore.

So anyway, to answer your question if I sleep not so bad-for me that's five hours on and off, I'm an insominiac- I don't have that much back pain, and it's more as the day progresses, if I do certain movements and later at night that I get pain(stiffness and inflammation, depending on the pain du jour, whatever that may be on that day, usually in my upper/thoracic screws). In the morning I notice neck and lower back pain. My pillow is not right.

Happy 4th to all as well. I loved going down to the US to check out the beautiful fireworks but will have to settle for the ones on TV this year
    Last edited by sweetness514; 07-04-2006, 01:47 PM.
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Like you...mine is early in the morning trying to get out of bed (although I rarely see 5 am - more like 6:30 am I'm OK once I get and keep moving but then at the end of day once I want to relax...the pain kicks in again. What do I do to control it? As little meds as possible and as much movement as possible.

Happy 4th! Can't wait to see the fireworks tomorrow night..we can watch from our front yard

Always Smilin'

Always Smilin'
      Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
      pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
      pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
      right thoracic 57
      lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
      revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
      unsure of degrees at this point

Comment

I just can't sleep much past 5. I hurt so bad I have to get up and move around. Usually get in my recliner and fall asleep again for about 1/2 hour. I can only lay on my right side still. Thet took a rib out on the left and it still hurts too much to lay on it. I wish sometimes I could fast forward about 18 months to see if all this was worth it.
        Wow I don't usually get down like this but it's been a painful day for some reason. I will be back and full of BS in the morning.
        15 1/2 Hours
        Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Sorry it's been a rough time. I hear you...have had my own pity parties of late..not sure whether I want the clock rewound or fast forwarded...a glimpse into the future would sure help leaps and bounds!

I get up a lot more at night than I used to...I'm hoping sleep is overrated (just kidding). I sure hope you feel better soon...I don't wish this kind of pain on anyone!

Thinking of you
          Always Smilin'

Always Smilin'
          Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
          pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
          pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
          right thoracic 57
          lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
          revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
          unsure of degrees at this point

Comment

Originally posted by always smilin'
            Sorry it's been a rough time. I hear you...have had my own pity parties of late..not sure whether I want the clock rewound or fast forwarded...a glimpse into the future would sure help leaps and bounds!

I get up a lot more at night than I used to...I'm hoping sleep is overrated (just kidding). I sure hope you feel better soon...I don't wish this kind of pain on anyone!

Thinking of you
            Always Smilin'
            That helps thanks
            15 1/2 Hours
            Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Hi Backtalk,

Wow! Sometimes I'm just going to bed at that time. My toughest times seem to be between 6 & 8 pm. But I'm like Sweetness, I have never been able to sleep very well and have always been a night owl.

Shari

Comment

Originally posted by Shari
                Hi Backtalk,

Wow! Sometimes I'm just going to bed at that time.

Shari
                I know, that's sometimes the hour I fall asleep too, 4-5am
                35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
                Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
                Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
                Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
                Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

I have always been a night owl, but since last year when my pain worsened it is worse. I am blessed with a handsome son is is my little morning glory and usually up at 6 if he sleeps in its til 7.
                  surgery 9/06
                  Rothman institute

Comment

Working...
                  X