Pain post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain post-op

I'm a 21 year old female that is scheduled in September to have scoliosis surgery. I'm interesting in seeing how people feel post-op. I've heard that some feel a "cold pain." I guess its from having the pins and rods, its a pain that always feels cold. Has anyone experienced this? If anyone has, has it stopped or is the pain still there and if its still there, how long has it been? If you have had surgery, how happy are you with the final results? Would you recommend to go through with the surgery or would you reconsider the surgery now that you have actually gone through it? I'm just hearing so many different things that I figured the only way to really find out is from people that have actually experienced it. I appreciate any stories or responses.

Corinne

Hi Corinne, My daughter was 20 when she had the surgery a little over a year ago. I haven't been around in a while, or I would have answered you sooner. She has never mentioned a "cold pain". She never has wished she didn't have the surgery, even in her greatest post op pain, which by the way is only for a few weeks and she doesn't recall the pain now. She has the most beautiful straight back and a scar which is hardly noticable. She has occassional pain now, but nothing like it was before the surgery. Good luck with your surgery. You'll do great.
    Linda(Tiny)

Comment

Hi! I had surgery the end on June this yr. I do not have the "cold" pains you are talking about. I am however, and have been for years what they call "cold intolerant" which means I am cold most of the time or get cold quicker than most- my back aches more when I am cold or when the weather is cold (I live in Ohio- go figure!). For the most part I am very happy I had the surgery- it saved my life literally. My ribs had collapsed and at any time they could have gone thru my lungs! I am thankful to my surgeon to be alive! Please make sure you have a very strong support group/team for the emotional effects of this surgery- which were more than I had wished for. My story is different as is everyone you will meet on this forum. This forum is a great outlet for info and kindred spirits. I come on here when I need to feel not so alone. Don't know if this helps- just a thought.
      Angela
      29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

Working...
      X