Jared's 6 month check up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared's 6 month check up

We went for Jared's 6 month appt today and YEAH the curve has not increased!

The doc said the curve is probably caused by the hemivertebrea and we will keep watching him. He goes back in October.

In the mean time they're still trying to find out why his right kidney is enlarged. He's had a VCUG test and that ruled out reflux. He's also had a MAG 3 scan with lasix on wednesday and we meet with the urologist on the 29th to find out those results.

That's it from our home. How are things with everyoone else?

Great news! I'm happy to hear Jared's spine has not progressed. You can breathe a little easier for a few months.

Good luck with the urology appt. Glad reflux has been ruled out, but it will be good to hear from the urologist and find out if having an enlarged kidney is "normal" for him or not. Did they mention if the enlargement is hydronephrosis? Fluid on the kidney? Or is the kidney itself enlarged? Let us know how the appt. goes.

We are doing well. Braydon had his rod expansion and exchange surgery on March 1. He did very well. They expanded the hybrid (spine support) rod, and replaced the chestwall rod with a longer piece. We are hoping the next few years will be "just" expansion surgeries.

They also did surgery on his ankle. He was born with a clubfoot. His foot has regressed and needed surgery to bring it back to a more normal position. They did a heel cord release, but clipping the tendon didn't help at all. So they had to chip out the scar tissue in his ankle joint and up between his tibia and fibula. When they finally got his foot to a 90 degree position, they didn't have enough skin to close the incision. That meant they had to cut a vertical incision up his calf to bring enough skin down to close the wound. Ugh. He chose a green cast. He thinks that part is cool. He doesn't have much pain and is walking very well with the cast. He's even been back to school 1/2 days this week. These surgeries are pretty routine for him now. I guess that's a good attitude to have.

My hubby is having elbow surgery next week. My 17yr old daughter had a minor sinus procedure done last week, etc. If it's not one thing, it's about 10 other things to deal with. Hopefully I'll get everyone at my house healthy soon. Is spring here yet?

My best to all!
    Carmell
    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Working...
    X