Hello Question about Screws and S-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Question about Screws and S-2

Hi I Had t-3 to L-1 and l3-l4 & l5-s1 Fusied in Sept 05. My Questions is the S1 screws are coming loose do they stop or do they keep coming out? Also the Chiroprator says i have a S-2 disk that moves the surgeon says i don't? Who do you believe? Thanks for your Repsonse!!! Dave
    Hello I'm Dave
    34 years old
    2002 C5-C7 Fusion with plate and screws.

Sept 2005 T3 to L1
    65 degree before 37 degree After Thoracic
    Rods and Screws

L3-L4 and L5-S1 took discs out fusied with rods and screws.

Had 11 1/4 hour surgery spent 6 days in coma and 7 days in heart ICU. Had a tough surgery don't want to go through that again.

Originally posted by brat
    Hi I Had t-3 to L-1 and l3-l4 & l5-s1 Fusied in Sept 05. My Questions is the S1 screws are coming loose do they stop or do they keep coming out? Also the Chiroprator says i have a S-2 disk that moves the surgeon says i don't? Who do you believe? Thanks for your Repsonse!!! Dave
    How do you know the screws are comming loose? And why and the hell are you messing with a Chiroprator? Trust the surgeon.
    March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
    15 1/2 Hours
    Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

After my rod broke, wich I felt, I also felt when some of the screws came loose and I actually felt them making a cracking effect and touching my rod and muscles. Not fun. But you will know in time if it hurts or starts making these types of noises and sensations. Btw, you can not always see on an Xray when screws are loose, mine did not show. My rod showed a crack in it and that was ONLY after a year that the orthos started to see it, after doing numerous Xrays in that year. Did a bone scan and the non union didn't show either, so surgeons who say that they can always detect hardware and fusion failures are wrong sometimes.
      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
      X