No announcement yet.

Rough Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many days did it take for him to get over his nausia??

its 8 days post op nd i still feel this way. =[

Comment

Lindsay,

It was dizziness from the morphine that bothered him more than nausea. At home he started to feel better and get his appetite back once he was off his medication.

If your nausea continues, have your mom call the doctor and see if maybe your medication could be changed or if there is something you can take for the nausea.

Renee

Comment

Hi Renee,
        Yes Shelby did have to have a BM before she left the hospital but they helped her along with a suppository. She is still having problems, hopefully once she gets off the Lortab her stomach will get back to normal.

I noticed that Shelby and Joe are fused exactly the same from T4 to L4. What restrictions does he still have 6 months post op? How is his flexibility? Does he do any sports? I am just curious as to where Shelby will be in 6 months? Thanks for all the support and good advice.

Kathy
        Daughter Shelby 12 1/2
        Curves 44T 64L
        Posterior Fusion T4 to L4
        June 19th, 2006

Comment

Hi Kathy,

His dr. still cautioned him about excessive/repetitive bending & twisting. He can bike, jog, swim (although diving and things such as boogieboarding/body surfing are still out of the question). Sports - baseball, basketball, tennis, soccer; things like that are ok as long as he takes it easy, nothing to strenuous, and needs to watch any body contact/impact. Can carry/lift weight up to 10 lbs. and can bear up to 10 lbs. of weight on his back. So its great he is able to do more, but still (kind of) a bummer as his friends have been going to the beach, Disneyland, etc. He's invited, but he's like, "what's the point" . We will be taking our annual trip to Yosemite soon, so we will see how things go as far as tent camping, hiking, etc.

So how is Shelby doing? Things getting any better? Hope so -

Renee

Comment

hi everyone its lindsay and its now 10 days post op.

i lifted MYSELF out of and into bed for the first time without my parents help. im pretty happy about that!! im no longer nauseaus (spelling??) and no longer constipated lol im VERY happy about that!! i've been eating well and like chocolate and sweets again! yay! and im only waking up at night every 4-5 hours to take my meds. i can sit in a chair for about 10 minutes. im trying to work it up to 15 b/c i'll be in a car for that long going to p.t. on monday for my evaluation.

questions that i've been having...

1. can you feel your instrumentation in your back when you are all healed. in bed at night i feel like i can almost 'feel' it and i was wondering if this sensation will ever fully go away or will i just get used to it?

2. can any of you sneeze with out hurting? haha stupid question but i've been stiffiling my sneezes so i wont be in pain!

3. when will i be able to lay in my bed on my stomach like i used to..like when reading a book? if so, how long? and will i be able to curl up into a ball under my covers, as right now i cant bend over at all.

thanks so much!

lindsay

Comment

Hi Lindsay,
              It is so good to hear that you are feeling better. Shelby is feeling better as well. Besides Shelbys spine being curved in a major way her surgeon said she was also very twisted. Her ribs are bothering her and her hips. She had a pretty big rib hump that is gone so she is trying to get used to her ribs being in the right place. The same with her hip, her right hip stuck out pretty bad and it looks normal now. Her friends have been coming over every afternoon and watching movies and that sure perks her up. We still have good days and bad days. I think since she is feeling a little better it bothers her to not be outside running around with all her friends. Anyway, keep us posted on how you are doing. Shelby hasn't felt like getting on the computer yet but maybe in the next couple of days I will get her to write to you.

Kathy
              Daughter Shelby 12 1/2
              Curves 44T 64L Corrected to 5T 10L
              Posterior Fusion T4 to L4
              Surgery June 19,2006

Comment

Working...
              X