Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Fusion!

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has just had the upper curve fused only. And to tell me about there recovery???

Also what would be an easier recovery upper or lower?

Thanks
    Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Originally posted by LEELEE85
    Also what would be an easier recovery upper or lower?
    Not sure how anyone could possibly know the answer to that. :-)

--Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

What is your situation?

Do you have both curves? What did your surgeon(s) recommend? I think that there are cases where the lesser curve is called a compensatory curve and they just straighten the major curve with the intention that it will also straighten the other curve. But usually they do both.

I have a 65 degree thoracic curve which is stable and not causing me great problems and a 75 degree lumbar curve which is progressing and causing me great disability. My posterior surgery will be to straighten both at the same time.

Deb

Comment

my situation

Yes i have two curves. I have a 50 degree thoracic and 40 - 50 lumbar curve. But i was born with it i have congenital scoliosis so they can't straighten my spine they can only fuse the top to stop movement.

I was told they wouldn't progress anymore and i was told when i was 15 1/2 yrs old that my body and bone were all fully grown. I very rarely get back pain hardly ever. I'm not 21 years old and going for a check up in july to see if theres any changes.

I really do not want surgery and i have a friend who does myotherapy which really helps to losen me up she told me not too worry as she has seen worse.
        Had surgery May 28th 2007 Anterior/Posterior getting fused from T3 - L3

http://curvedgirl.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X