Need to Vent (medical bills)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to Vent (medical bills)

I have very good med. ins. so my bitch isn't with that. It is for the amount that a doctor charged just to stand in for 30 min. to observe and learn the part where they put wedges in my spine. He charged $10,450 and my ins paid it. Any idea why our ins is so high? That is B/S. My hospital bill is just short of a half a million bucks. 9 days (why)?
    I'm done. My wife just told me to" chill out."
    March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
    15 1/2 Hours
    Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Tell me about it. My insurance has paid for a lot so far, but the bills are close to $40,000 and I have a feeling I'm going to have to shell out money somewhere.
    Jenn
    37 y/o female
    60 degree lumbar
    45 degree thoracic
    1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
    T 5 to S 1
    NYC

Comment

Wow, tha's nuts. There is one good side that here in Canada our healthcare is free, I don't know any of my surgeries's costs. But then waiting a year for a pain clinic appointment is even more nuts though.
      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

I feel really lucky. My bill was $1/4 million, because of having to go in for more surgery, because of infection. Out of all of the bills, hospital/doc/home health/pt I only had to pay $3,000.00. Thank God for insurance
        SandyC

Comment

Working...
        X