Bra Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bra Straps

I know bra issues have been discussed before, but I can't find the thread. I know that many of us have had issues with bra straps slipping off of our shoulders, especially those of us with one shoulder that is lower than the other. I was in Sears tonight and saw this small strap that attaches to both shoulder straps, holding them together so they don't slip off the shoulder. It runs parallel to the back strap of the bra.

Just thought I'd give it a mention for anyone having this problem and is tired of pulling at their bra strap all day long.

Thanks for sharing that....I hate that, especially when wearing tank tops the right side always slips way off. I think I may be taking a trip to Sears soon

Renee

Comment

good info. i might go check that out too. i hate the slipping straps, such a pain in the butt.

Comment

That's awesome! I'll be going to Sears tonight!!! It's so annoying to have it keep slipping down all day! Thanks!
        Scoliosis for 8 years, Milwaukee, Providence & Boston braces. 35T 42L Dx'd with Chiari Malformation 8/06, decompression surgery + duraplasty 11/24/06.

Comment

Omg I have that exact problem. Both bra straps are as tight as they can be and the right had side keeps slipping. I had that problem with vest tops and tankini tops, that's no good if you don't want people seeing your breasts.
          Adolescent Idiopathic Thoracic Lumbar Scoliosis

Back Pain started in October 2001
          Diagnosed - June 2003

Thoracic and Lumbar curves- 37 degrees
          Started Hospital examination - June 2003
          Discharged from hospital - November 2006

Comment

about that strap....

Heidi,

Do you recall the maker of "the strap"? Was is something sold separately? I was in my local Sears yesterday and couldn't seem to find anything (then again its hard to find anything when your 8 yr old son keeps repeating, "I hate this part, when are we going to get me shoes" I asked the salesgirl and she didn't know what I was talking about.

Renee

Comment

Racerback bras are the only way to go! And I don't mean sports bras, look for bras with straps that look sort of like a Y.

You can find them most every where. If you're not sure what they look like, log on to Victoria's Secret webpage and type in racerback bras.

Racerbacks never fall off of my shoulders, and my left shoulder is about two inches lower them my right. I can not wear any other kind of bra. They have to be racerback straps.

I hope this helps!

PS, Walmart, Penney's and Khol's have them too.
              Last edited by pet slave; 06-25-2006, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks so much. I think I may be investing in some racerbacks soon...
                -Abby

Comment

You're welcome!

Oh, the joys of a comfortable, well fitting bra!

Seriously, I hope racerbacks work as well for you as they do for me.

And, they're priced about the same as "regular" ones too.

Comment

Renee,
                    I don't recall the maker of the strap. I found them on a small end shelf near the back wall the bra dept. Next time I'm in Sears I'll look at the manufacturer. I know that JCPenney does not carry anything like that in their local store. I went in to look for bra strap extenders and was immediately told by the saleswoman that if I needed an extender, I was wearing the wrong size. I explained my situation to her (which does in fact warrant needing extenders) and received no apology. Instead, she tried to sell me bras in a size too small for me.

Comment

Are these Racerbra sold in the UK? I may look into them and probably buy some.

Diagnosed - June 2003

Comment

Jadey,

Racerback bras are a style, not a brand. So I'm sure you can find them in the UK.

If you cannot find them at department stores, check out lingerie shops, or Victoria's Secret. The bra straps look like a Y in back. As opposed to two separate straps on the shoulders.

Take a look at this *generic* search link, and you will see what I'm trying to describe.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Bras:434...cerback%20Bras

As you will see, racerback bras come in many different brands and prices.

PS, look at picture #5 in the yahoo link, It's a Maidenform, and the picture really shows how a racerback bra looks and fits.
                        Last edited by pet slave; 06-30-2006, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks for that information

Diagnosed - June 2003

Comment

FYI,

The new Fall/Winter 2006 JCPenney's catalog has the bra strap thingys that HGD24 wrote about in the first post. I might buy some just to see how well they work.

Just thought I'd mention it in case people don't want to go out and buy a bunch of racerbacks.
                            Last edited by pet slave; 07-07-2006, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I found this site accidently whilst doing a search regarding this problem last month with my sister but have since found a solution.

My sister has been having problems with her bra straps when she wears tank tops and vest tops especially with her vest tops. I first noticed it when her left bra strap just popped out of her top and fell down her arm and she wasnt even bending over it happened. A few times when talking to her I noticed her bra strap loose almost falling of her shoulder and she will tuck it in to her top only for it to pop out again, now whenever she has her hand under her top I know she is always repositioning her bra strap out of habit.

Now she has 2 older bras which had very loose thin straps that just randomly popped out and newer bras which only caused her problems when bending over. She brought some strap trap plastic things and sew them on the inside of the top they then hold the bra strap in position keeping it in place, another alternative is lingerie tape and sticking it beween the skin and strap but that wasnt fully effective and uncomfortable.

I hope this is help to all of you.

Comment

Working...
                              X