No announcement yet.

WARNING Open Back Hardware Foto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you sure have been through alot. Did you always have a sensitivity to wheat and having surgery exacerbated it, or is Celiac Disease something that can just develop? Did your 1st surgery have anything to do with this developing or is the timing just coincidental??? Sorry so many questions but "inquiring minds want to know"!

Renee

Comment

Originally posted by flowerpower
      Wow, you sure have been through alot. Did you always have a sensitivity to wheat and having surgery exacerbated it, or is Celiac Disease something that can just develop? Did your 1st surgery have anything to do with this developing or is the timing just coincidental??? Sorry so many questions but "inquiring minds want to know"!

Renee
      Easy answer. I guess it's something you can have all your life but will not bother you. It just showed up. Bad timming i guess. You can't believe all the things that have wheat in it. The stickem on the heart monitor patches has wheat base in it. The tape they use on a dressings has it.
      Speaking of heart monitor, I have had 4 heart attacks starting at the age of 46. But that brings me to another great saying. " If you are looking for sypathy it's between shit and shiftless in the dictionary." LOL I just take one day at a time and enjou what it brings.
      March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
      15 1/2 Hours
      Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Having already had my surgery and being a nut about watching surgeries on tv and wishing they had taped mine, I've got to know...what is the fork all about and now I'm wondering if they used one with me! Who'd a thought a fork would be considered a medical instrument???? Ok...have to show this pic to all of our friends and family...they were grossed out at my x-rays...can't imagine what this pic will do to them!

Comment

I went back and looked through the photos taken during my son's surgery and there is one that shows a large table with lots of instruments and I saw what looked like that fork thing. the prongs were bent/curved at a 90 deg. angle. Was going to ask the dr. about it at my son's appt. the other day but we waited so long I forgot to ask
          Last edited by flowerpower; 06-17-2006, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I believe the "fork thing" is a retractor. After the incision it is made to hold back the skin/muscle from the OR site. They come in differant sizes
            SandyC

Comment

Working...
            X