Going Back to Work after a Spinal Fusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going Back to Work after a Spinal Fusion

I'm just curious to know how soon after surgery did you all go back to work. I have heard from some who think they went back too soon...... Would like to hear your responses.
    Thanks!
    Angela
    29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

At 13 weeks I went back for 4 hrs/day for one month. At 17 weeks I was full-time again. I was fused from T-9 to L-5.

Kindest Regards,
    Gail

Comment

At 11 weeks I went back for 4 hours/day for one month. I increased to 6 hours/day for another month at which time I was back full-time. I'm an admin and so I sit for a good part of the day and interact with people constantly throughout the day. After 3 months of lying around and not having a lot of interaction, I found going back to work to be pretty tiring initially. I was supplied with an electronic desk that raises and lowers to allow me to sit or stand as needed...a great invention!

Comment

I went back at 3 months. I was also tired, but went full time. My pain level was FAR less than it was before my surgery. Linda

Comment

I went back at 5 months. I was really pushing it. I would pretty much come home, lay down, eat some dinner, and be in bed by 8 pm.
          Theresa

April 8 & 12, 2004 - Anterior/Posterior surgery 15 hours & 7 hours
          Thorasic - 79 degree down to 22
          Lumbar - 44 degree down to 18
          Fused T2 to sacrum
          June 2, 2005 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @L3 7 hours
          MAY 21, 2007 - Pedicle subtraction osteotomy @ L2, extended the fusion to S2 and added pelvic instrumentation 9 hours

FUSED T2 - SACRUM 2

Comment

Thanks for the responses!

Thank you all for responding! I really appreciate it!
            Angela
            29 y/o f w/76 degree curve.Surgery done on June 26th, A/P, rods, instumentaion, rib removal- now 18 degrees!!

Comment

Working...
            X