Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• high pulse rate after surgery

Hi
    Has anyone else experienced an elevated pulse rate after surgery? My PT won't begin services because it's so high. I went to the Dr and he put me on the same meds they gave me in the hospital. They still want me to walk thirty minutes a day and I'm just a little concerned about that
    thanks
    Jenn
    37 y/o female
    60 degree lumbar
    45 degree thoracic
    1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
    T 5 to S 1
    NYC

Yes, its called "tacycardia". I'm several years older than you (52 when I had my A/P). Mine was so bad, that after the anterior incision, in the recovery room I had a small anterior MI (heart attack). I was awake enough to know that there was something really wrong. The nursing staff/doc was snapping orders and alarms were going off.....scary to say the least.

I still take meds for my heart. I take Tenorman. It was made for high blood pressure, which I don't have, but it also regulates and slows down the heart rate.

I walk and swim
    SandyC

Comment

hi

Hi I had rods and screws from t 3- l1 and l-3-l4,l5-s1 disc taken out and fused with rods and screws. My heart rate went to 235 in the hospital they put me on blood pressure/heart rate medicine for about two months. I haven't had any problems since. Thank God Dave
      Hello I'm Dave
      34 years old
      2002 C5-C7 Fusion with plate and screws.

Sept 2005 T3 to L1
      65 degree before 37 degree After Thoracic
      Rods and Screws

L3-L4 and L5-S1 took discs out fusied with rods and screws.

Had 11 1/4 hour surgery spent 6 days in coma and 7 days in heart ICU. Had a tough surgery don't want to go through that again.

Comment

thanks

Thank you!
        Jenn
        37 y/o female
        60 degree lumbar
        45 degree thoracic
        1st time anterior/posterior surgery May 8th and 10th 2006
        T 5 to S 1
        NYC

Comment

I had some of this

I had a high pulse rate and it was post surgical stress. Who knew?
          i called an old councilor while recovering from surgery and began the long
          talking process. Within three weeks it had gone down without medication.
          Just a though.

Comment

Working...
          X