Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't beleive I found all of you,....

Cicfrom Ottawa
    Hi everyone, I am knew to this, and just join my first forum ,after doing research on my situation. I am a little overwhelmed at how much we are all so alike. I site here with tears of joy and sadness all at the same time.

I had my surgery in 85, at 16 yrs old. And have been in pain since. I had practaclly a complet s curve. and had really no choice but surgery.
    I managed to finish highschool, and graduate from college in my chosen field and basicaly stayed silent about the pain thinking it was all in my head. Until I finaly got to see a orthopidic surgeon as an adult.
    He told me I had digenerative bones in my lower back where my fusion stoped. The picture that I was told was very bad.
    I am, and was a very athlethic person at 16 in all the sports especialy track, it was devastating to be diagnost with scoliosis. and then to finaly get back in the routieenand be told to have to stop again everything I loved to do was bad.
    So make a long story short, alot of what i was told was true, I did and continue to struggle, but I am also a mother of two wonderful children to which I was told I would never be. But, I did have to leave my job. and have been home now for 12 yr approx. busy but since I can not be in one position for a long period of time whith out running into problems like concentration and feeling faith. etc.. I realized that it would take time to find something that works for me. My best medicine is painting and drawing. I forget totaly,for a while.
    My reason for writting is that my prognosis is to have a frontal and back surgery to stabalize my hip (basin) as well as fusse my lower back triangle shape , hip to spin on both sides and accross my lower back sort of hip to hip. hard to explain. The will be screwing trew my pelvis to hold the two plates that will cover the front and the back.anterior / posterior, with possibly the cage. I feel like I am talking about building a robot.!? Oh and I did have a car accident that broke one of my major rods. What I am experiencing is constent shoulder blad pain, constent lower back pain that ranges trew out the day and leg pain so seveare that i sometimes feel like lying on my husband had the proceedure or have had it before ( especialy the cage)please let me know, or write to me at my personal address. If anyone out there is near the Ottawa area, and would like to chat let me know.
    As great as it is to be a mother, and having had survive birth of two children that almost killed me, now I worry about them and scoliosis, since it is so high in my family. Doctors say there chances of not getting some form of it are very slime.
    Glad I found you all. Any news would be great! P.S. If you do know of any meds that acctualy work and don't just num the pain. Let me know. I chose to exercise instead of the meds due to not finding anything that worked.
    Good day everyone.
    So happy to have found all of you.

CicfromOttawa
    surgery in March of 89 at sick kids in Toronto,On.
    Now 37 soon to be 38yr old Mother of two children
    Surgery pending.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by CicfromOttawa; 06-12-2006, 08:34 AM.

Hi,

I sent you a PM.
    35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
    Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
    Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
    Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
    Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
    X