Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THinking of alternative treatments

hmm interesting

oh also i am most likely going to be going into a brace so dont totally freak out. they want to wait and see what my next set of rays show
    Last edited by GeorgeDittmar; 03-31-2004 at 08:00 PM.

well i just got back from the ortho surgeon and he took more x rays and my curves are at 37 in my upper back 41 in my mid back and 31 in my low back and he told me to keep doing what my chiropractor said to do and keep seeing him and said that it looked like i didnt need a brace or surgery

Thumbs up

Yeah, those curves are too mild for surgery. Congratulations on the good news!
    Charlotte

48 degree upper curve
    L2 to T4
    Braced for 4 years
    Surgery 2/4/04

yeah i guess the full body x ray is better at finding the curve so this has releived me and my chiro and stuff. my ortho said it looks more like my back has just balanced it self out and thinks it will stay like that for good and just wants me to keep doing the chiro practors treatment and he said it all should be good.

hehe man this is kinda funny. i just found out that my spine has an extra vertebre in my low back hehe

I'm glad that your curves have stabilized and seem to be better! I had the surgery, but my curves were getting worse very rapidly! As long as the alternative methods are helping your surgeon won't consider surgery. But to keep your peace of mind I would suggest looking into what the surgery is and why it is done. It is better that you are involved with your back's health instead of sitting on the sidelines.

Also talk to your doctors about yoga. There is a type of yoga that centers on posture and muscle toning. It has helped many scoliosis patients! One thing to know, going to a chiroprator is okay BEFORE surgery but not after. Since you don't need surgery, fantastic!!!!