just needed to vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just needed to vent

Well, I haven't been on here in a while.... I have been in Texas on what was supposed to be my vacation when I had to have my ovary and fallopian tube removed to due torsion/necrosis and a large cyst that measured 9.0 cm, and plus I was apparently bleeding inside. It has only been 2 wks since that ordeal and I'm sitting here at work back in Maryland, in pain and trying to avoid taking pain medication. I feel like I am frankenstein with the cuts that I have on me now. I have the large one on my back and then I am cut from my belly button all the way down. I am just feeling like crap lately and no one seems to get it. I was doing so well as far as not being on pain medication and here I am again. Stuck on square one! I don't even feel whole anymore although everyone tells me oh you'll still be able to have children and blah blah blah... and that it's not that bad. (HOW DO THEY KNOW) My stomach is still swollen and I can't even button my pants. I have to wear BDU's and the incision that I have is right where the pants are supposed to button!
    On a more happy note, my back is doing alright. I just bought my IF3 wave because my insurance wouldn't cover it. That thing works just great!
    25 yr old female =^_^=
    Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
    Lumbar curve 23 degrees
    surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
    Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Hi it's just me,
    Read your post and wanted to give you a cyberhug. You've been through a lot. Anyone would be weary!
    Hang in there. I am so happy that your surgery went so fabulously (0 degrees)! Can't get any better than that!
    Give your tired little body some time to heal. You'll feel better soon.
    I've been there before when the problems just keep coming and I think I'll never feel like smiling again! But the sun in my heart eventually shines again!
    Things get better.
    I'll bet you are perservering and determined. Most people that have made it through all you have are! Keep your chin up!
    Hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs!!!!!!!
    Cheryl
    God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

Aww girl, *(*(hugs)*)*. I know how tired you must be and how upsetting this all must be for you. Your body is so tired and it needs time to heal. I know how you feel about pain meds, I too have been on them for awhile but it may be November before he lets me get off of them. I want off them now.

I understand about the pants too. My anterior surgery was so hard on my belly. I have a huge scar going from just above my belly button but slightly to the left of it, all the way down to my pubic bone plus the huge scar on my back.
      I feel gross when I look in the mirror.

It's hard girl but hang in there. It will get better one day at a time, one minute at a time if need be.
      36 year old single mom of teens ages 14 & 15.
      Anterior/posterior spinal fusion on February 9th & 16th 2006 with Dr. Anthony Moreno who now has his own practice.
      Fused from T-3 to S-1 (sacrum)
      Curve pre-op = 70 degrees
      Curve post op = 20 degrees
      No pain anymore!!
      Google is your friend

I am not a doctor and will never give medical advice. I will support and answer questions from personal experience only.

Comment

WOW, you have been through TWO potentially life-threatening ordeals girl, do you realize that? Thank goodness you are on the mend. Hang in there--sounds like you are doing better and better. As for the scars, I wonder if that Mederma cream works? It is a little expensive but there is a generic brand that is reasonable. I think I will try it for all my battle scars. Good luck in your recovery.

Comment

Mederma scar cream

Hi All, I was just skimming through and saw the mederma question. I have been using it since my steri strips have come off and I am thrilled at how my scar is healing. I am pretty fair skinned and my scar is flat and salmon colored. It looks like a crayon line was drawn down my back. I use it 2 x per day. My Dr. did an excellent job closing me up! It sure can't hurt to use it, we have used it on other scars before and had good results. I just called the company that makes mederma (I had a question re:expiration dates on the tubes.) and they sell it direct for $24.99+$4.30 S/H (This is for the big tube. 1.76 oz) She is sending me a coupon too! You might see how much it is at your stores and just request a coupon......... 1-888-925-8989 I wish you well in your recovery, it'sjustme. I had comfort in drawstring top pants (while I was swollen) and they are cute too! A lot of the jog suit styles come that way. Best wishes Suzy

Comment

Ahhh...don't we all need to vent sometimes. I, too, had ovarian cysts that were luckily taken care of laporoscopically (spelling?) and have endometriosis. Doctor warned me it may be difficult for me to get pregnant and may not have kids...but I refused to think like that...now have 3 beautiful ones.

I hear you about the scarring...I also am blessed with the most hideous legs this side of Mars...so have had some wonderful surgery for vericose veins...I'm not sure how many more incisions this poor body can take..but time will tell

We all hang in there and we now have a network where we can vent with others who experienced our pain Stay strong "its just me"...keep that chin up...we're rootin for you!

Always Smilin

Always Smilin'
            Colleen

1982 fused T2-L1
            pre op 45 - post op 33 (left thoracic)
            pre op 53 - post op 18 (right thoracic)

recheck 2006
            right thoracic 57
            lower lumbar 34

surgical revision April 28,2009
            revision T3-L1; new fusion L1-L4
            unsure of degrees at this point

Comment

New to forum

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kim, I'm 40 and had spinal surgery in 1985 due to a skiing accident. Hate the pain, it has affected my life completely. Harder and harder to work. Try to make the best of it. I keep as active as possible, but suffer quite a bit afterward. Just wanted to say hey, and anyone out there who would like to chat with me would be great.

Comment

*big Hugs*

Awww itsjustme,

I had a cyst like that when I was 17, the size of a grapefruit they said (glad I didn't have to see it) It's no fun that's for sure. Missing an ovary from it too..

I'm glad they caught yours early enough to save you.. the scars fade (blah blah blah but they do)

Maybe you will get to take a real vacation with no interuptions soon!
                Age 28
                diagnosed at age 12
                wore a boston brace until age 14
                No surgery, was on "wait and watch" till recently. Got a SpineCor (Jan 27th) to help ease the pain.
                T-curve 73 degrees with severe rotation (curves to the right)
                L-curve 45 degrees with slightly less severe rotation than my T-curve (curves to the left)

1994 - 5'10" - T-?/L-? (i forget what they really were)
                2006 - 5' 4" - T-56/L-40
                2008/09 - 5' 4" - T-73/L-45

Comment

Hang in their. I have had some major surgeries also.
                  I had a total hystersctomy 13 years ago. I had endometriosis. My overies were shot.
                  They were not working at all. Before that surgery I had 3 D&C's. Which were small incisions near my belly button. My scar from my hysterectomy is from my belly button to my pubic area. When I had that done I was swollen for quite a while afterwards. I did fine and recovered well. Just depressed afterwards because I couldn't never have children.
                  Then I had my gallbladder removed 6 years ago. It was laproscopic. Three small incisions.
                  Then 2 years ago I had my back surgery. The Dr. made an incision on my hip for bone graft. Then the big scar down my back. I also think I look so ugly when I look in the mirror. With all these scars. But I bear with it and go on.
                  I figure at least I am alive and able to get around. There is a lot of people worse off than me.
                  I also had 2 rods and 16 screws. Then I had to go back in and have them taken out. Then longer rods and more screws put back in.
                  Keep your head up and it is good to vent. It makes you feel better.
                  Mattie

Comment

Working...
                  X