Pics of our Scoli Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of our Scoli Kids

Here are some new pics of Deirdre...there is more to our kids besides scoliosis:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...Ballerina2.jpg
    http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...lerina2001.jpg
    Last edited by Celia; 04-19-2006, 07:32 AM.

Canadian eh
    Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

So beautiful! Is she a dancer or was she just having fun. So glad she's doing so well. All the best, Lynn
    1981 Surgery with Harrington Rod; fused from T2 to L3 - Dr.Keim (at 26 years old)
    2000 Partial Rod Removal
    2001 Right Scapular Resection
    12/07/2010 Surgical stabilization L3 through sacrum with revision harrington rod instrumentation, interbody fusion and pre-sacral fusion L5-S1 - Dr. Boachie (at 56 years old)
    06/11/14 - Posterior cervical fusion C3 - T3 (Mountaineer System) due to severely arthritic joints - Dr. Patrick O'Leary (at age 59)

Comment

Thanks Lynn ! She was just having fun the morning I took the pictures We do have her in ballet and swimming and she's having a terrific time.

Canadian eh
      Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Absolutely stunning pics of Dierdre. Thanks for sharing with us.
        Carmell
        mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Celia,
          She is a cutie!!!

Melissa
          Melissa
          From Bucks County, Pa., USA

Mom to Matthew,19, Jessica, 17, and Nicole, 14
          Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Thanks Carmell and you too Melissa ! Wow....I wasn't expecting such a reaction I'm hoping others will take the cue and post pics of their little cuties, I think our scoli kids are exceptionally beautiful.

Canadian eh

Comment

Please don't look down on me when I say that I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to show you all a picture of my kids. I am sure I could ask my kids for help. I am thrilled that I am competent enough to come on here, lol !!!

Melissa
              Melissa

Nicole had surgery with Dr. Dormans on 9/12/07 at Children's Hospital of Phila. She is fused T-2 - L-3

Comment

Celia,

I agree, your little girl is a cutie! ... I miss those years, when I had a little and sweet "baby", . Now I´ve an independent teen, nearly a woman...

Melissa, I don´t know either how to show my pictures here...I´d ask my daughter or husband for help! This technology is too much for me!
                2004: Daughter diagnosed at 13 L38º. Risser 0.
                Treatment: Cheneau brace
                2009: Brace free, 18 years old, Risser 5, L25º

Comment

Okay - here's Braydon, silly smirk and all.

To those who think they can't upload a photo, it really isn't hard. Just a few steps. First, you need to have a photo on your harddrive (saved on your computer) or on a disk. Then, below the reply window, click on "manage attachments". Then, click on "browse" to find the file where the photo is saved. Click okay and you are done! HTH
                  Carmell
                  mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Carmell,
                    What a great picture of Braydon. He is adorable!!! No wonder he is your heart and soul.

Melissa
                    Melissa

Comment

Braydon has such a sweet face, it can melt anyone's heart

Canadian eh

Comment

Awww, super cute pics Celia and Carmell!

Comment

Such beautiful kids! You can just see the sweetness and love of life in their faces!
                          2L8 2B STR8

Comment

Working...
                          X