No announcement yet.

Dr. Woggon - Clear Institute treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankyou Linda, totally agree. Just wondering Rosemarie if you were worried about your age when you stated that you could not be operated on. There have been a number of people on this forum who have been operated on successfully and have been older than you, just wanted to let you know,.

Lorraine
    Last edited by Lorraine 1966; 10-17-2009, 02:39 AM.
    Operated on in 1966, harrington rods inserted from T4 to L3, here in Australia. Fusion of the said vertebrae as well. Problems for the last 14 years with pain.
    Something I feel deeply,"Life is like money,you can spend it anyway you wish, but can only spend it once.

Comment

Re: Proof? of woggons treatment success

I am not even asking for a STUDY to suggest evidence that this program has success. All of these hundreds of success stories makes me wonder, is there not at least one single patient who went through the program and had there curve reduction VERIFIED by an outside source? Not a chiro or clear institute staff member but a certified radiologist, say that works at a major hospital. My bet is that there is not one single patient who went through the program that can have this verified. If this is the case, doesn't this concern anyone?
      Thats my thoughts. Bish

Comment

unfortunately...

unfortunately...

when people are helped and happy they aren't usually posting on scoliosis chat sites that are mainly designed to encourage and help. They do not need encouragement or help...

the only ones who would likely post would be the failed cases ....

Comment

Originally posted by hope404 View Post
          unfortunately...

when people are helped and happy they aren't usually posting on scoliosis chat sites that are mainly designed to encourage and help. They do not need encouragement or help...

the only ones who would likely post would be the failed cases ....
          Hope..

Well, I think that's somewhat true, but we've never found a single person who has had verified long term reduction of their structural scoliosis curves. One would think that one would have come forward by now, or there would have been a published account.

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
          Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

verified long term reduction

I personally know of several CLEAR clients with substantial curve reductions but could you call them "long term" .....

NO, since, most started therapy within the last year or two ..... their results will not be considered "long term" for several years yet.

That is why I keep saying let's " wait and see" since that is all that can be done when the majority of their cases are so new and recent.

Comment

Originally posted by hope404 View Post
              I personally know of several CLEAR clients with substantial curve reductions but could you call them "long term" .....

NO, since, most started therapy within the last year or two ..... their results will not be considered "long term" for several years yet.

That is why I keep saying let's " wait and see" since that is all that can be done when the majority of their cases are so new and recent.
              What about the kids who started several years ago? Have their curves been reduced permanently?

If that were the case Clear would have documented it.

How long has Clear been around?
              Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
              Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Sara View Post
                I just got a reply from Dr. Woggon of the Clear Institute saying he could fix my curve in 1-2 weeks in Minnisota 30%-50%. Does anyone know anything about this doctor or Clear Institute? The treatment is rather expensive and seems very brief for the amount they claim they can fix.
                It doesn't work. Don't waste your money. Short term results.

Comment

Clear

I spent two weeks at clear in 2007. I was 55 then. My thoracic curve was about 80 degrees. The program was intense and Dr. Woggon's adjustments are painful. I was given exercises that I needed to do twice a day, which took over half an hour.

After two weeks of machines, adjustments, Ekhart table therapy with 20 pound weights on the rib hump, my scoliosis measured 63 degrees, according to Dr. Woggon's measurements. Dr. Woggon declared it almost miraculous.

Dr. Woggon pays lots of attention to restoring the natural curves in the neck and lower back, and NO attention to the torso muscles. I was told to sleep on my back with a roll under my head and one under my lower back. When I expressed concern that the torso muscles were "giving way," I was told not to worry about it.

It is hard for me to write these things, since I believe that some people have been helped there and I believe that Dr. Woggons is sincere, but I felt that the treatment made my back worse and hastened the progression. I have been told my several people that my scoliosis is more noticeable now. My torso has rotated more and the hump is more out to the right side. I feel as though my torso muscles have "given up" and that my spine is collapsing. The latest measurement of my thoracic curve by Dr. Lonner on Monday was 85 degrees.

I have been told that Clear has modified its exercise program. I purchased the vibrating chair for $3,000 which I was supposed to be using twice a day. It was a huge commitment of time and money and I began to have doubts about its efficacy for my degree of curvature. Plus, continuing with a local Clear trained chiropractor was quite expensive, with no end in sight. In fact, the new chiropractor wanted me to start all over with him and commit to a plan of treatment for something like $5,000.

I am now excited about starting Pilates which I believe would have benefited me more than Clear, since it strengthens the torso.

I can't help feeling somehow that it must have been me, but I know that I was committed to the program, and that I had doubts about the method as I was undergoing it.

The entire experience at Clear, treatment, airfare, renting a car and hotel cost me $10,000.

I am planning on having surgery in June and feel very good about the decision. I have been avoiding surgery all my life because I had no pain, but now I can feel rapid changes and my breathing is 50% of what it should be.

This forum has been a Godsend. Thank you all for you generosity in sharing your experiences. All the best, Joy

Comment

joyfull

Ditto on everything you said. My dd did Clear the year before her surgery. Not only did it not help, but she continued to progress even while doing the prescribed exercise and traction chair. I too spent about the same amount as you. What I hope for now is that someone else considering Clear will read these posts and learn from our experiences.

Comment

Working...
                    X