back-aches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back-aches

I'll be baking tomorrow & normally I work about 4 hrs on my feet. I really don't move that much except over to the oven. Since it's not every day, I can handle it but it really makes my back ache by later on in the day & evening. I may try to bring a stool in... does anybody have a stand-up job??? Lynne *** I wonderif by 6 -9mos after the operation if I can do this???
    surgery this August 1.....post/ant

Hi Lynne,

I had a job that required me to be on my feet the whole time, but I was always moving around. I think it's harder to what you are doing. You probably have to be in one spot preping what you're baking and bending too. You should be able to do it after your surgery. You'll just have to do it gradually. That's not an easy job!!!

Shari

Comment

Before surgery, I used to work on my feet, and as much as they were killing me, my back did not hurt AT ALL. Now, after surgery, it's impossibe to get back to that job for me, b/c it's too physical. I also just had my third surgery, so it' different. But if you don't bend or move too much, I don't think that would be a problem.

My problem pre op was sitting for long periods of time, but that wasn't my case, I never had a desk job.
      35 y/old female from Montreal, Canada
      Diagnosed with scoliosis(double major) at age 12, wore Boston brace 4 years at least 23 hours a day-curve progressed
      Surgery age 26 for 60 degree curve in Oct. 1997 by Dr.Max Aebi-fused T5 to L2
      Surgery age 28 for a hook removal in Feb. 1999 by Dr.Max Aebi-pain free for 5 years
      Surgery age 34 in Dec.2005 for broken rod replacement, bigger screws and crosslinks added and pseudarthrosis(non union) by Dr. Jean Ouellet

Comment

Working...
      X