New show on Discovery Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New show on Discovery Channel

I was flipping through the channels today and I noticed a new show on the Discovery Channel titled Extreme Surgery. The majority of the cases shown were that of scoliosis patients and the spinal fusion surgery. I just thought I'd pass this along to anyone who was curious. Todays show dealt with children, so I think it would be rather interesting to watch if you or your child is going to be facing surgery soon. It's very educational. ~Shelley
    25 yr old female =^_^=
    Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
    Lumbar curve 23 degrees
    surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
    Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Is this program on daily or on a particular weekday? I've read other posts about this show and would love to catch an episode.

Renee

Comment

If my memory serves me correctly, I watched an episode of this particular series a few months ago that talked about scoliosis. It may be a new episode that you're referring to, but I'm not 100% positive. Then again, it could have been a completely different show. I actually found it to be extremely informative and educational from my vantage point as a former patient.

Comment

If anyone knows of this coming back on please let us know. My parents were telling me about it a few months back and I have been looking for it to come back on.

Comment

Surgical video website

I was surfing through some websites on scoliosis and found this particular one. http://www.srs.org/education/lenke.asp

The link should take you to a page where you can click and watch an actual procedure. I haven't been able to view the entire procedure, but it is very detailed. Just in case anyone is interested.... And yes, you will probably need high speed over dial up connection.

My best to all.
          Christy
          Plano, TX
          Surgical dates
          3/25/02 - fused T1-L3, T - 88 degrees
          L - 74 degrees
          7/8/04 - repaired 6 areas of non-union & fused L3-L4
          12/15/05 - fused L4-L5, L5-S1
          2/27/06 - corrected hardware failure
          3/5/06 - corrected hardware issue
          6/16/06 - replaced broken screw in pelvis
          3/9/07 - rear ended auto collision
          2/12/09 - totaled car - someone pulled out in front of me - Yikes!
          3/30/09 - Revision surgery, removed & replaced t12through S1

Comment

Working...
          X