No announcement yet.

Hello to all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck tomorrow, I'll be praying for you. Let us know how you're doing as soon as you're able, or maybe someone could do it for you.

Renee

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I just noticed on the birthday list that today is your birthday Hope you are having a good one, and hope you are doing well in your recovery.

Renee

Comment

Ryan,
        I was so excited to see your thread at the top of the list as I have been checking it daily since your surgery. But it wasn't a post from you...I hope that you are recovering nicely and will feel up to posting soon. Alot of us are wondering about you. I join Renee in wishing you a Happy Birthday.

Kathy
        Daughter Shelby 12 1/2 years old
        Surgery June 19, 2006

Comment

Happy Birthday Ryan! I hope each and every day is getting a little easier for you. I can't wait to hear how you are doing...I'm keeping you in my prayers.

Kindest Regards,
          Gail

Comment

hi everyone im feeling great!!! i only spent 3 days in the hospital, the first couple of days at home were a little harsh but now im feeling fine. thank you all for your thoughts and prayers they mean so much to me well cant type too long reply back and ill see what i can do
            my name is Ryan Kelsch
            i have a curve of 45-50 degrees
            and my surgery is scheduled for aApril 17th

Comment

Hi Ryan, we're so glad to here you're doing well. It's amazing you were only in the hospital for 3 days!! How long was your surgery? How long was your fusion? There was no way Breanne could have come home at three days. A lot of us were waiting to hear from you. Thanks for taking time to post. Take it easy.
              Kate

Comment

Whoa! 3 days! That has to be a record! Amazing!
                God has used scoliosis to strengthen and mold us. He's good all the time!On this forum these larger curves have not held forever in Spinecor,with an initial positive response followed by deterioration. With deterioration, change treatment.The first year she gained 4 or 5 inches and was stable at around 20/20 in brace, followed by rapid progression the next year.She is now 51/40 (Jan2008)out of brace (40/30 in Spinecor) and started at 38/27 out of brace(Jan2006.) Now in Cheneau.

Comment

hello to all again,
                  yes i also was very surprised to only be in there for 3 days but as u all know 3 days in the hpspital felt like a month and a half so i was definatley not going to argue with the doctors suggestion, he also made the statement why stay in the hospital when my parents could do everything they were doing for me themselves and he also added why take the risk of getting an infection or a cold from being in the hospital. my mom and dad were a little hesitant but after he said that they were assured it was the right thing to do. my surgery took 5 1/2 hpurs and im not for sure how long the fusion took but thats a question i can have answered may 9th when i go back for my checkup. and as you all found out april 27th (10 days after surgery) was my birthday and i felt won derful i had about 20 of my friends over and i sat up the longest i had et for at least 5 hours. now i am down to 1 pain pill around every 5 1/2-6 hours and muscle relaxer morning and night. but yes my mom had a few questions about sleeping the monday following surgery so she called our surgical nurse and she saaid that it was amazing that i was already home that most kids were definatly still in the hospital for sure at 1 week. the morning after my surgery ( my surgery began @ 7 30 monday morning ) and tuesday at 9 iclock i was up pacing the halls i actually did it 3 times a day and stairs th second day to make sure i could manuvere them at home which was no problem. i dont know if it isall will power or what but i definatly knew i dint wan to stay in there long. but now i fell almost normal, and am defintely on the much anticipated road to recovery!!!
                  Ryan
                  my name is Ryan Kelsch

Comment

once again i would like to take this oppurtunity to thenk all of you for your help and suport. going into this surgery i was almost pshyco and didnt know wat to do with myself but as i became aware of this site the fright and frustration slowly eased its way out, and i am gracious for that!!! THANK YOU ALL SOO VERY MUCH FOR EVERYTHING !!!
                    Ryan
                    my name is Ryan Kelsch

Comment

Glad to hear your surgery went so well. You sound like you're doing great! Hope all continues to go well.

Renee

Comment

Ryan,
                        So good to hear from you and it sounds like your surgery was very successful and your recovery is awesome. I am curious about the BMP. Did your doctor use it on you and if so how? I read another post from AAU Dad about his daughter and her recovery sounds unreal, she is already shooting baskets at 1 month post up. My daughters surgery is still a ways off (June 19th) but I know it will be here before we know it. I am so ready to be on the other side. Congratulations to you and I am really glad everything is going so well for you.

Kathy
                        Daughter Shelby 12 1/2
                        Surgery June 19, 2006
                        64/44 degree curves

Comment

kathy,
                          yes Dr. Duranni my surgeon did use the BMP for my surgery. there are just soo many pluses from the regular graph compared to the BMP. i mean the expectancy for recovery for me is 4 months, whereas it wouldve been 1 year before i could enjoy sports again. so with myself being athletic ot was definately the way to go. from what our doctor told us he just laid the BMP down the center of my spine and he said bone will grow back 2 times stronger and faster than before or versus the regular graphs. my surgeon was wonderful some scoliposis patients are put in the striker frame bed which i red about before my surgery and he didnt do that and he also did not brace after surgery which was also a plus with the seasons beginning to change. im not trying to decide for you or anything but from what dr. duranni told us and how im feeling now if i had to do it again i would definatley choose the BMP. for sure!!! and another plus is that i have talked to a couple of people in my community that have had the surgery not recently although nine years ago, but they said that with the graph they still have pain to this day, their backs are fine but to this day the spot of the graph still gives tham pain. but fromk talking to people on here they said that thy have no pain from that area which you would assume with science and tchnology these days, heck doctors really do work miracles. im not for sure if the BMP had anything to do with my short hospital stay post op or not but after my surgery i was only in the hospital for 3 days and that was defintaly a relief. but no i am almost feeling as good as i was before surgery and when basketball season comes around in the fall i should be ready and hopefully the probabilities of a good season will come , i grew around 3 inches from my surgery, which is also a plus from being 5'10" and now being almost 6'1'' will make a tremendous difference in our team. if you have anymore questions feel free to ask, as of now i will become a mentor on this site not a learner.
                          Ryan
                          my name is Ryan Kelsch

Comment

Thanks for all the info Ryan, I really appreciate it. My husband and I have already decided that using the BMP is definitely the way to go. We want her to have the fastest recovery possible so that she can enjoy sports again as soon as possible. Our surgeon was very positive about the BMP and said she would be a great candidate. He also told us that she will gain 3 inches from surgery as well. She is very excited about that being a basketball player too.
                            Thanks again and I am very happy for you and wish you a continued speedy recovery.

Kathy
                            Daughter Shelby 12 1/2
                            Surgery June 19,2006

Comment

Hi Ryan,

Welcome back! I'm so happy to hear you had a successful outcome. Prayers have been answered.

Kindest Regards,
                              Gail

Comment

Working...
                              X