Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoracoplasty recommended doctors

Hello all-

I originally posted this request by mistake in the under 18 group, but I'm 26 so I do not fit there now do I. Anyway, my question is in regards to getting some recommendations on experienced doctors who perform thoracoplasty. I received corrective scoliosis surgery in 1989 when I was 9 years old with the harrington rods. Today I'm 26 years old, and am researching the option of having the rib hump removed by the thoracoplasty procedure. Does anyone have any recommendations for doctors? I've searched online but with no luck. I'd really like to start conversations with someone who has had this done and been happy with the results. I'm in North Carolina, but any recommendations in the country would be appreciative. Any ideas?

Thanks - Chris

Chris,

Try Dr. Craig Brigham at OrthoCarolina here in Charlotte. He's supposed to be one of the best for adult scoliosis. If you find someone, let me know. We wish Dr. Wattenbarger had done a thoracoplasty as well and it may be something we do in the future.

Best of luck to you.

Cheryl M
    NCM

Comment

Chris,

Did you find a doctor?

Cheryl
      NCM

Comment

I had a thorocoplasy at age 50. I'll be happy to answer questions. Mine was an endoscopic procedure and I wish I could say that I'm completely happy. I still have a significant rib hump.

Comment

Help

hi i am a daughter with big concerns for my mother!! My mother is 46 and has started to have severe back pain and I can not seem to get our primary care phy to understand that my mother is not like her other "back pain" patients. can anyone recommend a doctor that is anywhere from charlotte to winston salem that specializes in scoliosis and that may be able to understand and help my mother!! PLEASE help me get my mother to the right to help. she had her heriington surgery when she was 11 so does anyone know what the next step is to help my mother live the rest of her life normal instead of on permanent bed rest.

Comment

Hi dm...

You can start here:

http://www.srs.org/directory/directory.asp

Regards,
            Linda
            Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
            Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
            X