Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miracle Workers

Hi...

Did anyone see Miracle Workers last night? If anyone got in on tape/disk, I'd love to get a copy of it.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Linda,

Amazingly, I was channel surfing when I stumbled across the segment on Dr. Boachie. The kyphosis case was truly amazing; the girl was bent forward at a 90-degree angle and now she's straight. They showed bits of the operation and actually showed the exposed spinal cord. Good lord. Made me think he could probably do the average scoliosis surgery with his eyes closed....!

Didn't think to tape it, however.
    Chris
    Chris
    A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
    Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
    Post-op curve: 12 degrees
    Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Linda,
      I was channel surfing also and saw the surgery. Sorry I didn't tape it either. It was amazing surgery. I would have liked to have seen the after x-ray
      SandyC

Comment

Hi Linda,
        I peeked at the Miracle workers last night but it was a La Surgeon working on the 3 yr old with scoliosis. I had to flip to the news & peek in every few minutes.. It made me quite a bit nervous, esp. when they woke the kid up tio see if his legs stilled moved. Like I seem to always turn on the tv. when some medical show is on..I just wish that handsome Redmond Burke on the show's medical team would be by my side when I'm in!!!
        ps. don't know what singer is talking about seeing Boachie on there--I did'nt

Comment

Hi...

I'm not sure about the Dr. Boachie thing either. (I know that he was on CNN recently, so maybe that was it.)

--Linda
          Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Oooooooh, I know, you guys are talking about the network show !! I'm talking about a cable show on Discovery Health Channel. Maybe the show is called Medical Marvels (not Mysteries?)? Anyway, they interviewed Boachie at length about the kyphosis case. I couldn't believe it when I was flipping through channels and there he was.

Didn't see the network show.
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

singer---better you did'nt see it... it made me a bit queezy!
              sounds like I should have tuned in to the other..

Comment

Linda,

I recorded it.

Mary Lou
                Last edited by Snoopy; 03-20-2006, 03:30 PM.
                Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Thanks very much Mary Lou. I'll be happy to pay for the copy and postage.

--Linda

Comment

In my most humble and honest opinion, the show on ABC (Miracle Worker) isn't worth watching again, especially if you are looking to learn something new. Way too much drama, not enough facts about Adrian's medical condition, etc. Again, just my very humble opinion.

Also, very interesting to be IN the hospital the same day this show aired - having my son go through a very similar surgery (not implant surgery, but subsequent expansion/replacement surgery). And, very interesting that Braydon and Adrian have the same medical diagnosis (VACTERL Association). They didn't elaborate on details that I thought may have been important. The Discovery Channel show(s) about VEPTR surgery and young children with scoliosis is/are much more informative and worth viewing (again, honest, humble opinion).
                    Carmell
                    mom to Kara, idiopathic scoliosis, Blake 19, GERD and Braydon 14, VACTERL, GERD, DGE, VEPTR #137, thoracic insufficiency, rib anomalies, congenital scoliosis, missing coccyx, fatty filum/TC, anal stenosis, horseshoe kidney, dbl ureter in left kidney, ureterocele, kidney reflux, neurogenic bladder, bilateral hip dysplasia, right leg/foot dyplasia, tibial torsion, clubfoot with 8 toes, pes cavus, single umblilical artery, etc. http://carmellb-ivil.tripod.com/myfamily/

Comment

Hi Carmell...

I absolutely agree. They made is seem like the standard wake up test done during many scoliosis surgeries was almost inhumane. It was very bizarre. (I actually saw the program, and thought my TIVO downstairs was picking it up). The reason I asked for a copy is that I know the surgeon and am good friends with his P.A., who didn't get to see the show.

Regards,
                      Linda

Comment

Carmell,

I agree with you, that shows like this need to give more information. I thought Adrian's surgery was similar to Braydon's, so yes, I was looking for information, but didn't get it.

Mary Lou

P.S. Your "humble" opinion is always welcome.
                        Mom to Jamie age 21-diagnosed at age 12-spinal fusion 12/7/2004-fused from T3-L2; and Tracy age 19, mild Scoliosis-diagnosed at age 18.

Comment

Working...
                        X