could it get any worse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could it get any worse!

Well, yesterday was a really bad day! I was stopped at a traffic light and rearended by a jeep! My back is killing me at the upper part/left side of spine and it extends to my ribs under my arm. (and I am also getting a tingling feeling in my hand on my left side as well intermittently) I went to the local emergency room where the doctor thought it must be a great idea to push as hard as he can down the center of my spine knowing that I had that part of my backbone shaved down when I had my operation in July! I have to wait until tomorrow to call my surgeon to see if everything is alright. Has anyone else here been involved in a car accident less than one year post-op? Please let me know of any thing I should be worried about! ~Shelley
    25 yr old female =^_^=
    Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
    Lumbar curve 23 degrees
    surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
    Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Hi Shelley,

I hope your okay!!! That has to be frightening for you right now. Let us know how you're doing.

Thinking of you,
    Shari

Comment

wwll dear just live with that chin high i have no such experience but i am praying for ur well being .. God b with u .. amen

Comment

Well, after a long drive to DC I was able to see my surgeon today. After taking some x-rays he discovered that my hardware is still intact and that nothing has moved. However he was very disappointed in how the Emergency Room doctors on Andrews AFB handled my situation as far as the doctor pressing as hard as he could down the center of my spine. Dr Starr just let me know that I was just jarred around and that the pain I'm having is nothing to be concerned about. He also said that I need to take it easy for the next couple of days and take tylenol as needed for pain. (no gym or physical therapy for me this week) Thank you all. I hope none of you here have to go through this. God bless everyone! ~Shelley
        25 yr old female =^_^=
        Thoracic curve 48 degrees (with kyphosis)
        Lumbar curve 23 degrees
        surgery from t5-l1 25 July 2005
        Two rods and 16 screws later . . . 0 degrees YAY!

Comment

Working...
        X