Scoliosis surgery and erectile dysfunction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoliosis surgery and erectile dysfunction

Hi everyone. New to the boards. I was glancing over the different forums and was not sure in which one I should put my topic. Well in a nutshell, I was 13 years old when I had my operation (I am now 32) and I have two rods attached to my spine. My question is this...can scoliosis surgery cause nerve damage that can contribute to or cause erectile dysfunction? To be quite honest my sex life has never been that great and more and more I am thinking that this surgery might be the cause of my "problems". When sexually aroused I do get erections but often they do not last very long. I have tried the new drugs for impotence and while they do work I get kind of depressed that I have to use them, 1. because I am fairly young 2. because it does not feel natural.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

dysfunction

I could be wrong but never heard of that happening so long after surgery.
    Are you working with a urologist to rule out other problems?

However antidepressants are notorious for causing this problem as well as other medications.
    Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
    Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Working...
    X