Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my brace

HEY,
    i am almost 12 & just one year ago I got my brace. Sometimes I am very scared. I was especially scared when i first got my brace. i thought it would be the worst thing ever, but now it is so much easier. i got used 2 it within about a week. it took so much weight off my shoulders Many people ask me ?'s all the time. that makes me sooooooo mad i hate it when people constantly ask me ?'s i just get so so so so so so so so sooooo mad. but now i have learned 2 deal with it it seems so much easier At school they people ask all the time 'What is that thing around your neck? I wear a milwaukee brace, that shows if you wear collars that are low, cuz of the bars. My junior high has standard dress, so at least I don't have to worry about finding cute clothes, just khakis and polos, which do well with the bars on the brace. Does anyone else have this kind of brace? I get 3 hours a day out of my brace for freedom.. I am very strict with myself about wearing it . My friends care most of the time and that helps too. Wear your brace , be tough, it will help. My doctor says I may have avoided surgery judging by how my brace has not changed and I have grown 3 inches with no curve change. i hope that wat i have written has helped u!! & i hope that u will not be scared !!!!!!

Sincerely with much care,
    AMANDA

Wow, I really admire you. You take this whole brace thing so calmly. Its good that you're strict wtih yourself! I try to be too. talk to you later
    Fairylvr

Comment

People Don't Understand...

Hi, my name's Kayla and i recently got a TLSO brace. I noticed that people always say that i should just make the best of it and that they would be able to handle it. It just makes me SO mad. Nobody seems to understand. Does this happen to any of you?
      K*a*y

Thoraic Lumbar Support Orthosis (TLSO)
      40 degrees thoraic
      30 degrees lumbar

Comment

Hooray for Amanda!

Amanda,

You are impressive & your strength will help many people, in life! I'm so proud of you!

You have my applause!
        ~Andrea
        Andrea

Comment

Working...
        X