View Poll Results: How many scoliosis spine surgeries have you had?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll

35 41.18%

27 31.76%

9 10.59%

6 7.06%

3 3.53%

1 1.18%

1 1.18%

1 1.18%

0 0%
  • 10+

2 2.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many Spine Surgeries have you had?

when does it end

had first one at 13 in 88 second in 98 and 3rd pinding for 04 will it ever end ??????????
    two surgeries later and it dosnt stop there ........

Thumbs down 2 ops and one to come

I have had 2 ops so far on my spine. 1 to put 2 rods in and one to have one of them removed. I now need the other one removing as it has snapped and have to have 2 more put in!!

Do ablations count???
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004

I haven't had any but would really be interested in seeing the poll results.
    Thanks,
    dd
    nevermind - I figured it out
    dd
    57 yr. old female
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No Surgery, No Way, Not Ever, but I reserve the right to change my mind
    2003: rotatory component centered at L1 convexed to the left with a measurement of 68 degrees. Gentle compensatory thoracic curve and a more acute compensatory curve in the lumbar spine at L4-5 Superimposed fairly extensive degenerative change seen in the lumbar spine.

ok I figured it out
    dd
    57 yr. old female
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    No Surgery, No Way, Not Ever, but I reserve the right to change my mind
    2003: rotatory component centered at L1 convexed to the left with a measurement of 68 degrees. Gentle compensatory thoracic curve and a more acute compensatory curve in the lumbar spine at L4-5 Superimposed fairly extensive degenerative change seen in the lumbar spine.

How in the heck do these old threads get resurrected?
    Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
    Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
    Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
    Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
    New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
    Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

re pregnancy

I was fused (Harrington Rod) in 1974, and gave birth to a son in 1992. It was a vaginal delivery and an epidural was not effective. I was given some Darvon for rest and pain relief in mid-labor. I had excellent obstetric care at NYU with Dr. Miriam Greene.

Brooklyn

I've had 3 ops. Anterior then posterior then removal of hardware from anterior surgery because of nerve damage to my leg.
    Paula
    Anterior/Posterior surgery T5 to Sacrum
    Sydney Australia
    58 years old

I answered the poll with 2 back surgeries so far, but I am having a third on April 6th. The first surgery was the Harrington procedure in 1981 and I had hardware removed in 1985 because the rod dislodged from the hook at the bottom. My third surgery is revision surgery for flatback.

TerryB

I had surgery over two years ago fused T4 to L4 but I got the MERSA staph infection from hospital I was out on bactrim to keep infection under control until my fuseion can heal and become sstronger. I just had surgery last week and had all of the hardware removed and clean out the infection.

To Julie,
    I have had some complications with pregnancy, and thought I'd share with you. I was all set to have an epidural but when I got pre-eclampsia at 27 weeks and had to have an emergency c-section they tried to give me an epidural but only half of me went numb so I had a general anaesthetic. Since then I have spoken to my consultant who said if I have another pregnancy, I can either try other pain methods for vaginal delivery, or general anaesthetic for c-section but under no circumstances am I to attempt another epidural or spinal anaesthesia.
    Don't know if this helps but you can always pm me if you want to ask anything.
    Claire