gah! back pain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gah! back pain!

so the more i do research, the more worried i become.

i had surgery (herrington rods) almost 15 years ago, when i was about 13 years old. i have no idea what my curvature was, presurgery, or even, what i was corrected to. i dont remember any of the specifics at this point. ive called the surgical doctors office, but apparently, DC law only requires Drs to keep records for 3 years. therefore, he no longer has them (weird). ive called the hospital and am awaiting to see what they come up with.

meanwhile, last week, my upper back hurt. i commented that, isnt it odd, that when my back aches, its upper ache. it was then that i found this site and began reading up on people whove had the surgery and how they are 10+ years later

yesterday i woke up with a massively sore back. lower-to-mid back, this time. i self medicated with some naproxin (500g?) which took the edge off, but it still hurts, for sure.

i guess there isnt much a point to this post, other than me being worried about whats going on back there. i feel like when i sit and stand, that im more and more crooked. but shouldnt the rods prevent that????

gah.

Hi...

It's possible that 1) you've developed a curve above and/or below your fusion or 2) your fusion has failed, which with Harrington rods, can allow the original curve to return. While your original records would be helpful, they're not crucial. You definitely should get referred to a physician who has a lot of experience in treating patients with prior fusions.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Funny you said the more you read the more worried you become. I had my surgery 10 years ago and haven't thought about it since. Honestly, didn't even think it was a big deal, until all that I am reading.
      My back hurts ALOT! BUt I just shrug it off as weather related ro something else. I never realized how many people are in pain 10+ years post-op. I am considering calling my doc (who I haven't seen/talked to in over 8 years at least)
      Good luck and I hope you are feeling better and can find some answers.

Comment

Working...
      X