Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luque rods with sublaminar wires

Hi folks-
    Is there anyone out there who has had a spinal fusion with Luque rod intrumentation and sublaminar wires?
    I had this procedure done in 1984 for kyphosis. I've done quite well until fairly recently, and have developed a few issues.
    I would appreciate meeting other folks who have had this procedure.
    Thanks-
    Mountainair

Hi....

Sorry to hear that you've started to have a problem. If you do a Search (see link above) on the word LUQUE, you'll find a lot of previous posts. Luque "rods" were really just Harrington rods attached with sublaminar wires.

Best of luck!

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Luque rods with sublaminar wires

I have this type of fusion. Mine was done in 1983 at Carrie Tingley Hospital in Albuquerque, NM. I have not experienced any problems from my fusion which was T5 - L5 however below the fusion area L5-S1, I have experienced nerve pinching. They cannot see the S1 nerve directly being pinched but know it is from an EMG test. It causes me right leg and foot tingling and numbness. What issues are you having? My fusion area has always been stable and never changed over the years.

Comment

Working...
      X