sharing the experience in the Bay Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharing the experience in the Bay Area

Hello all. my name is casey and I'm a student at UC Berkeley. My friend and I are currently trying to put on a fundraiser for ethiopian children that have scoliosis and are all in dire need of surgery. As you know, the surgery is incredibly expensive, but there is a doctor that travels from the united states to ghana (a coastal west african state) every year to do the surgery at a severely reduced price - $7000. my friend and I want to raise money for at least one surgery, but in order to do that we need to have a program that really speaks to people, especially since college students tend to be cheap. We were interested in having someone share their experience with this disease - how they were diagnosed, what it's like to live with scoliosis, if they got surgery, how the surgery changed their life, so on and so forth. If anyone is in the bay area and is interested in helping us out, we would be incredibly grateful. You can email me at ckett0203@berkeley.edu. Thank you once again. Stay strong. Bless.

Casey,
    I would suggest to you that a quick trip across the Bay to UCSF would be helpful. Since the medical facility does scoli surgery you might consider contacting the orthopedic teaching staff for help in finding people to participate.
    SandyC

Comment

Working...
    X