Anxiety since surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your comments

Again I am reminded why I am glad I found this site. I am just past 3 months post op and started taking anti depressant and sleep aid 2 weeks ago. I asked my Dr to go back to work 4 hrs/day because I hit the stir crazy mark after the holidays. Problem is now, I don't even feel like going. I was hoping to feel differently after I went, but after the showering/getting ready and 30 minute drive, I am worn out before I get there. Thanks for sharing. It is comforting to know I am not alone
    Jennlynn
    Mother of 2 boys, ages 4 & 2
    Fused L5-T5.
    Curve 68* & 53* pre-op, 39 & 37 post.

Comment

There must be something about that 3 month mark that signals changes in our chemical levels or something. Jenn, I can understand how you feel about returning to work. You are not alone!

I'm lucky to be working with children... they can really be great, you know? This week when i walked all the way down the long hall and back without my cane for the first time, they all cheered and applauded me... talk about encouragement!..lol

I took my Xanax for the first time night before last... I could feel myself getting wound tighter and tighter, heart started pounding, head was throbbing. i took my blood pressure and it was 158/102, and i had taken my BP meds at the regular time.... I realized that it was the beginning of an anxiety attack, so i took my pill and went into my quiet little room and meditated for a while before settling down for the night... Slept great and haven't had any more trouble since. It's so helpful to be able to recognize what's happening and know there is something i can do about it now.

Comment

Working...
      X